PDA

View Full Version : Expedit anti-topple question

mm123
01-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Question for all the Expedit owners out there...how many of you used the anti-topple device they include?

We just got the 2x2 for a corner of our living room, and love it. Problem is, it's not flush against the wall because our baseboards are pretty thick. So, we can't attach it to the wall.

How unsafe is this? It seems pretty heavy/difficult to tip, but who knows? Any other suggestions/solutions?

ellies mom
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Doesn't it come with a strap? I know neither our bookcase nor dresser are completely flush against the wall but the strap reaches.

All though in all honesty, I probably wouldn't worry too much about the 2x2. The 4x4, sure, but the 2x2 is pretty small.

elektra
01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I probably wouldn't worry about a 2x2. We do have our 5x5 and 4x4 attached to the wall though.
Ours aren't flush to the wall either, but the velcro attachment things allow for some distance.

mm123
01-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Maybe this is new, or maybe this is what comes with the smaller ones, but the device it came with was a metal bracket-type thing, not a strap, and it doesn't reach to the wall. Hopefully the 2x2 will be safe enough without it.

mmsmom
01-28-2011, 02:41 PM
A tip given to me by a professional baby proofer is to get those felt pads like you would use on the bottom of chair legs & put them under the front of the bookcase only so it is slightly leaning towards the wall. This will make it a little harder to pull over. I got some large adhesive felt squares at Home Depot.

DebbieJ
01-28-2011, 02:44 PM
You can buy furniture straps at BRU, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. We use those to attach our kids dressers to the wall.