PDA

View Full Version : Do you do something special on Friday nights?

BeachBum
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
We used to always go out to eat. But now I'm on a diet and can't really eat out....Looking for some other fun ideas....particularly ones that don't involve food :)

baymom
01-28-2011, 06:38 PM
How about making it a family game night? Growing up, my family did them weekly and the winner got a small trophy...until it got passed to the next person the following week. We were all pretty competitive and it's a fond childhood memory.

SnuggleBuggles
01-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I know lots of people that do movie or game night.

Beth

new_mommy25
01-28-2011, 06:45 PM
We do movie nights. We watch Netflix and make popcorn and hot cocoa. The kids look forward to it every week.

hez
01-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Lately it's been Small Group (church-related). Kids love it 'cause there's lots of friends to play with while the adults are talking.

When Small Group's taking a break, we tend to watch movies together as a family, or play games. The game part will get better when DD's old enough to 'get' more of them. It usually ends up with one of us playing checkers with DS while DD & the other parent playing with one of her toys.

Growing up, we did pizza night on Saturday nights. Assembled homemade pizzas while listening to Garrison Keillor :)

Elilly
01-28-2011, 08:48 PM
We do pizza and a family movie night on Friday. Sunday is family game night and America's Funniest Home Videos :)

lilycat88
01-28-2011, 08:51 PM
I guess ordering chinese take-out and collapsing doesn't count, huh.

kerridean
01-28-2011, 11:42 PM
We put the girls to bed and then get take out from one of our favorite restaurants. We look forward to it all week.