PDA

View Full Version : Tips for buying concert tickets tomorrow morning? (first pre-sale)

Pinky
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm going to be trying to buy Taylor Swift tickets tomorrow when her concert goes on sale early for American Express customers. (I don't have a card but will be using my mom's)

Is there anything I need to know about Ticketmaster that can help speed up the process? I've heard that her tickets will sell out pretty quickly and I'd love to get great seats obviously.

Has anyone bought tickets the second they go on sale before? Is there a lot of clicking submit and hoping you find seats?

twodogs
02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
So this is way too late for TS, but in general, you need to pre-register for an account on Ticketmaster, making sure your updated credit card info is in there, because you have a very limited amount of time to complete the purchase once it reveals the seats on offer. Then click on it at the start of the pre-sale and cross your fingers! You have to type in that crazy wobbly word to verify that you are a real person each and every time you cycle the tickets (to see if you can get better ones). If you are using the Amex Platinum card, you will need the "password" for those seats, which I believe is the customer service number on the back of the card, in order to get through the site. Hope you got good ones (we were lucky and got floor seats that way!)!