PDA

View Full Version : GNO Fun Ideas

SunshineWedding
01-30-2011, 09:47 AM
I was inspired to post for suggestions of fun things we can do on a Girls Nite Out besides just dinner and drinks when I saw this post by JoyNChrist on Art Class for the nite, but of course none of them are in my area.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=387663

So ladies what do you do for fun when you get together with your girlfriends? Thanks

♥ms.pacman♥
01-30-2011, 10:24 AM
great thread! i saw that thread too and thought that was pretty neat idea.

as for GNO, i guess lately i've been doing more low-key stuff (since i can't drink and am usually too tired to go out on the town late at night :)). lately i have done the cupcake/cookie baking & decorating thing at a friends' house a couple times, which is always lots of fun. we usually just bake a few recipes and then maybe just gab while stuff is baking in the oven. anyway, a great benefit is that afterwards i can bring home some sweets to my DH as a thanks for watching DS while i'm gone..and he never complains hehe.

Jen841
01-30-2011, 10:44 AM
We did a meal assembly place, we joked it was win-win for the husbands b/c we came home with great meals!

Mani/Pedis ask a place to stay open for your group so you can dominate it and bring snacks/drinks.

Volunteer somewhere together or do a project for something - like make fleece blankets for the homeless

Crockpot party - all bring something in a crockpot, and X copies of the recipe to share. We call can use more Crockpot recipes.

Wine tasting party - put a price limit, all bring a bottle noting where you bought it and what you paid - have cheese and crackers on hand, and paper for notes

Twoboos
01-30-2011, 12:00 PM
We are pretty boring I guess. When we get together it's potluck apps/dessert and wine. And lots of talking/laughing!! :blahblah:

For us, doing an activity would be fun but would take away from time to reconnect with each other. (But usually I only do GNO like once every 3-4mos with one group of friends, and once a year with another.)

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't know, I like the simplicity of drinks and dinner (maybe a movie, pedicure or shopping too) because someone else is taking care of things and it's full relaxation. We just need to sit there and chat. That's what I really look forward to, I don't really feel like I need an activity. I'm open to trying something new so I'll keep an eye on this.

Beth

hellokitty
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Some GNO themes we've done before for our moms club...

Game night (at someone's house, this is cheap, compared to going out to dinner)

Meeting at Coldstone for ice cream and chit chat.

Movie night and then dessert/drinks/appetizers afterward.

Scapbooking (if ppl scapbook)

Spa night (we had beauticontrol do spa night for us and instead of doing a regular, "show" they just charged each woman a flat rate)

Going to an outdoor concert (depending on your region and season)

We never got a chance to do it, but going to a pottery studio might be fun too.

kbud
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
We held an annual "whine" and cheese party. We did fondue. It was a blast. They still do it 5 years later but I moved away. Lots of fun.

We live near Orlando and I've had fun meeting my friends and doing disney without the kids. It's lots of fun, especially during the Epcot Food and Wine festival.