PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Bowl foods?

ourbabygirl
01-30-2011, 04:03 PM
We're thinking of hosting a little Super Bowl party (basically a few couples & their toddlers), and I'd like to know what your favorite snacks are at Super bowl (or other) parties.
Bonus points if it's low-fuss or the ingredients can be picked up at Costco! :tongue5:

Thanks!

Seitvonzu
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
thanks for reminding me about the superbowl... it is our one and only excuse for "chip dinner" around this house.

basically it's nachos-- so chips, salsa, guac, sour cream and--- this is why it is a ONCE YEARLY event-- sausage/velveeta/rotel tomatos..... with, you guessed it, CHIPS

yes, VELVEETA. and i'll let my 3 year old eat it :):):) and we'll call it "dinner" :):):)

maybe as a nod to the three year olds health i'll also make mashed black beans :)

i also love little smokies wrapped in breadstick dough and baked. and if you aren't having chip dinner- i love 7 layer dip (redudant with chip dinner) and i also love hot sausage dip--dip in general- -yum !

RunnerDuck
01-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Rotel/velveeta dip... one pound of velveeta, one can of rotel with the juice, melt in the microwave, serve with tortilla chips. I thought it was so gross when I was a kid but I love it now.

Crab dip - the way we made it growing up was a block of cream cheese on a plate, with a can of real crab dumped on that, and 1/2 - 1 bottle of cocktail sauce dumped over that. Served with crackers. The problem is people (my brother) will eat all the crab, and leave the other stuff. Recently I had it a friend's way with is a block of cream cheese and a pack of fake crab beaten together, put in a bowl, put cocktail sauce on top of that. DH likes the fake crab better than real, and this keeps people (my brother) from eating all the crab. You could use real crab, too, but it is tasty with fake.

Spinach dip - the recipe on the back of the Knorr package, with veggies. It looks nice in a bread bowl, but then you end up wasting a lot of bread, so I just serve bread cubes with it and put it in a normal bowl.

Jen841
01-30-2011, 05:50 PM
We see SuperBowl as an annual food fest. We ate horrible stuff 1X a year for this. DH likes a food per quarter.

Q1 - Franks Hot Sauce Dip
Q2 - Primanti Faux Sandwiches - Pittsburgh thing. Washington Post has a recipe that is just about as good as Pitt.
Q3 - Rotel/Velvetta dip OR Super Nacho (9x13 pan with beans, taco sauce, meat, lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheese, olives and sour cream) - eat it as dip with chips
Q4 - Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake decorated like the Steeler Logo

All with with Iron City or IC Light

bnme
01-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Easiest chili dip (Cream cheese spread in pie plate, topped with canned chili, topped with shredded cheese (I like colby jack), garnish with chopped scallions or olives and bake until bubbly.). Served with a side of gauc and salsa (Santa Barbara Peach & Mango is my new fave). Also wings and cold cut bread (Store bought pizza dough rolled out, layer on italian coldcuts and sliced provolone, roll into a loaf, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake. If you want to get fancy add a strip of roasted red peppers or sauted peppers and onions before you roll).

Tondi G
01-30-2011, 07:01 PM
for us it will likely be... we go to DH's best friends house for Super Bowl

Chili w/ fixins sour cream, cheese, onions

Wings ... some Hot and some teriyaki for the kids

7 layer dip

chips n salsa and guacamole

lil smokies in crescent roll dough

maybe pasta salad too

Indianamom2
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Sweet and Sour Meatballs in the crockpot.

Dump chili sauce and grape jelly in a crockpot, along with a package of pre-made meatballs. Heat until hot....and then eat! It does not get easier.

I also like chicken tenders with various dips, especially if there will be kids.

Any kind of warm dip (bonus points if it's made with crab!) would be a hit in my book as well.

DietCokeLover
01-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Well, normally, we would have Creamy Nachos, but I made these for our guests who did not end up coming this weekend, so not sure what we will do now.

Here's the recipe if anyone wants it:

1.5 lbs browned, ground beef
1 can chili no beans
1 can Rotel
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 lb Velveeta
1/2 pt heavy cream

Put all in a big pot and mix and melt. Very easy and yummy. Serve over tortillas with whatever other toppings you may like.

MelissaTC
01-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Buffalo chicken dip
Hot wings made with Texas Pete
Cocktail franks
Hot cheese dip
Chili
Cuban sandwiches

Penny's Pappa
01-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Beer
Buffalo chicken dip with celery
Beer
Skyline dip (layer cream cheese, Skyline chili, and shredded cheddar, then bake till cheese is melted) with tortilla chips
Beer
Assorted chips, pretzels, etc.
Beer