PDA

View Full Version : Amazon set to give Prime members unlimited, Netflix-style video streaming? Read more

neeleymartin
01-30-2011, 08:36 PM
didn't read yet. my brother sent this to me moments ago.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20030003-1.html?tag=cnetRiver

edited to add: sounds cool. hope this comes to fruition!!

Indianamom2
01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Interesting, but I wonder if those of us who are on a trial of Prime (even though mine is extended through July at least) would qualify, or if you actually had to have paid for Prime?

amldaley
01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
I guess my concern is that Prime would go up in price.

wellyes
01-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Interesting, but I wonder if those of us who are on a trial of Prime (even though mine is extended through July at least) would qualify, or if you actually had to have paid for Prime?
Prime is less than $7/month -unlimited 2 day shipping AND steaming video would be awesome, well worth it!

Think amazon is such a juggernaught it should frighten me but as a consumer I do love it.

citymama
01-31-2011, 02:27 AM
Prime is less than $7/month -unlimited 2 day shipping AND steaming video would be awesome, well worth it!

Think amazon is such a juggernaught it should frighten me but as a consumer I do love it.

I totally agree with both points. Inexpensive considering it would be like Neflix plus Prime. Scary because the amazon.com takeover of the world continues...

toystorymama
01-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Amazon is huge. I totally agree with that sentiment, but I love it anyway. I order almost everything from Amazon because it is so convenient and I have been a Prime member for a few years. Now with Amazon Mom my love for Amazon has increased even more. I cannot believe the deal I get on diapers. :heartbeat:

The streaming would be really cool, but I hope it will be like Netflix, where you can access it from the PS3 and other units like that to be viewed on the TV.