PDA

View Full Version : Packaged shipped to old address. WWYD?

happy2bamom
01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
I stocked-up when Lands End had those great sales a couple of weeks ago. I was in such a rush to check-out (b/c things were disappearing from my cart) that I forgot to update my shipping address.

Fast Forward: My package was delivered to our old house last week. I called Lands End and they are being great about helping me out but they need a contact phone number for the new owners so that they can locate the package and send them a shipping form. We have had no luck finding a number. I "think" that I found the woman on FB and sent her a message, but haven't heard anything back.

Worse case LE has agreed to refund my credit card. I know that is very generous on their part, and great CS but I really WANT my stuff !!! Any thoughts on how to get my package?

kristenk
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
How far away did you move? Do you have contact info for any of your former neighbors? Or can you get that?

How about contacting the realtor you used when selling your house? He/she could contact the buyer's realtor and maybe get a message through that way?

Good luck!

August Mom
01-31-2011, 10:53 AM
I would contact the realtors (or attorneys' offices) involved and see if you can get contact info that way. Or, if you remember where the purchasers worked (maybe the FB page can trigger your memory), you could call there.

s7714
01-31-2011, 11:42 AM
My first thought was calling a neighbor or friend who still lives in the area. Maybe they can drive over and see if the new owners are home.

cono0507
01-31-2011, 12:02 PM
This happened to me once but the buyers of our old house emailed me and I just went and picked it up. It happened again when we just moved - the people who sold us the house knocked on the door asking if we'd received one of their packages. I would contact your realtor who can get in touch with the buyers.

TwinFoxes
01-31-2011, 02:41 PM
That's weird they didn't try to forward it to you. I got a package for the former owners a few months ago, and I contacted their realtor (who's now a neighbor of mine) and got her cell phone number, and she came to pick it up a few days later.

I would call their realtor (I'm sure the number is your paper work somewhere). If I lived close by, I'd drop off a note or ring the bell. Have you checked 411? It might take a little effort, but I'm sure you can find them. Good luck!

happy2bamom
01-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We live across the country now, so I'm dependent on others to help me out with this one. I called our realtor and she is forwarding my contact information to their realtor, who in-turn will forward it to the people who bought our house. So complicated!!! Why we can't have actual contact is beyond me ?!?