PDA

View Full Version : Getting constant phone calls from "card services"

mom2binsd
01-31-2011, 11:24 AM
I am constantly getting phone calls, identified as wireless calls on my call id...each time a different number but same recording....when I get the live agent and tell them I don't have a credit card they hang up....

I can't block the # because it changes each time.

I do not have any credit cards at all....so there is no need to lower my interest rates, they are scammers for sure but the number of calls is increasing...I know I can not answer but the intrusion is driving me nuts.

We are on the DO NOT call registry, and I"ve recently checked to make sure it's up to date which it is...and I filed a complaint with them, I guess that's all I can do. I googled "card services" and it a scam company.

Any suggestions????

minnie-zb
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Hmmmm....Have you told them expressly when they call not to call back, you are on the DNC list and you have reported them? I've had some where I've had to just get nasty for them to stop. I had some who would hang up before I had a chance to even finish speaking. They do some crazy things.

ha98ed14
01-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Ask them if they are from Chase. Chase uses "card services" as the name for their sales department, etc. If they are, call them directly and ask them to take your number out of their roster.

mom2binsd
01-31-2011, 12:33 PM
They tell me they are associated with all the major banks, listing quite a few but as soon as I start to say to stop calling me they hang up..and I mean slam the phone....there is no way to communicate with them once you try to tell them to stop calling.:angry-smiley-005:

minnie-zb
01-31-2011, 12:38 PM
As soon as they speak, I'd respond with Do. Not. Call. This. Number. Again. I wouldn't engage in conversation as it gives them the opportunity to hang up - I went through a similar deal last year. And you are right, they are aggressive and rude as hell.

After a few times going through this, I had a game plan for the next time they called. You can do it! :cheerleader1:

Indianamom2
01-31-2011, 01:31 PM
I get this, except it's always a recording. No chance of being taken off the list when no one is listening. We're on the Do Not Call registry too.

It's annoying, but I don't know how to fix it either.

katydid1971
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Those people have called here too and if you ask them any questions like "which card are you talking about" they just hang up. They scam little old ladies who give them their card numbers. Since these are people who are trying to scam people they won't respond to things like "I'm on the Do Not Call List". Honestly I just hang up as soon as I hear "This is an important message from your credit card company.." I have had them call at 2 am once I really didn't like that. :hopmad:

minnie-zb
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Call your phone company. Seriously. Call them and talk with them. They might be able to help. It can't hurt.

Tanya
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
I get those calls too!!! It drives me crazy!

I've asked which card and they say "Mastercard and Visa". I've asked to speak to their supervisor and the first couple times, they'd switch me over and I'd ask to be removed from their calling list and they'd say okay. Then, they started hanging up on me. Sometimes there is even a menu option to hit to supposedly be removed from the calling list. Sometimes after they've hung up on me, I've used caller id and called them back (that stopped working recently and says number isn't any good).

And yes, it's a different phone number each time, but always cardholder services or something like that.

I guess I *could* file a complaint each time with the do not call list, but since it's a different phone number each time, I don't know what good it would do. These places have just figured out how to get around the do not call list.

TwinFoxes
01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
It's a complete and total scam, and the company doesn't care. You can threaten, and complain, the company (whoever they are) won't stop.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31410533/ns/business-retail/

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2010/09/want-lower-interest-rates-on-your-credit-cards-while-the-answer-is-almost-certainly-yes-you-shouldnt-pay-a-random.html

The other one that was prevalent for awhile was the one to extend your warranty on your car, it was your "last chance!" I think it was Sen. Chuck Shumer who's office started getting tons of those calls, so finally someone did something about it. I think the place to complain to is the FTC or your senator. Although I'm sure the complaining to the phone company won't hurt.

I never answer my home phone. It's only for emergencies. We don't even give out the number. Whenever I check the messages, there are always tons of those calls.