PDA

View Full Version : Godmothers- Holy Communion gift?

zag95
01-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Hello godmothers-
Need some ideas for a holy communion gift for our goddaughter- I think she will be receiving her HC around easter......

Suggestions?

Jen841
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
This is what we did for our Goddaughter, and we will add to it as life events happen. We started it with the Saint of her parish.

I have heard of starting and add a pearl too.

You can always so a Lladro or a Waterford cross.

Come around the same time I will know boy ideas - my son has it this year.

cono0507
01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
I received a charm bracelet years ago from mine. If she doesn't already have one, it seems like a perfect gift, and you can give her new charms over the years.

lizzywednesday
01-31-2011, 04:00 PM
I would have loved to get a charm bracelet from my godmother as a First Communion gift, but I can't remember what she sent me. (If she sent anything, it must have been cash.)

Another aunt sent a Celtic cross pendant (which I paid tribute to when her DDs made their First Communions; I'd lost the one she'd given me but found one that was almost identical for the older girl and found something unique for the younger girl) and IIRC my godfather sent a silver cross pendant.

jgenie
01-31-2011, 04:37 PM
I bought this charm (http://secure.jamesavery.com/jewelry/search/product/C-575/First-Communion-Medal-Charm/) for my Goddaughter's First Communion.

skygoddess
02-01-2011, 02:16 AM
I gave my goddaughter a pewter jewelry box lined with velvet that I had monogrammed with her initials. My mother had given her a beautiful rosary, so I wanted to give her something pretty and meaningful to keep the rosary in.

amldaley
02-01-2011, 07:06 AM
I bought DD's a silver charm bracelet and her first charm is a locket. She has another Godchild already from someone else, so I got a pic of him and a pic of DD both for the locket.

wellyes
02-01-2011, 08:21 AM
A nice rosary is what I got - very appropriate.

MelissaTC
02-01-2011, 08:58 AM
M received a very nice, handmade rosary from his godparents, as well as money.