PDA

View Full Version : Suing PW for damages

DietCokeLover
02-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I am going to have to sue Pioneer Woman for damages. My list of "damages" includes, but is certainly not limited to....

1. My ever increasing waist line.
2. Costs for a new set of fat clothes.
3. Treatment and rehabilitation costs at a gym of my choosing.

Anyone want to go class action with me?

Indianamom2
02-01-2011, 10:49 AM
:hysterical:

I'm not there yet, but only because I haven't actually felt like cooking lately. But I did make her Beef with Snow Peas last week...and it has become a regular part of our diet. (At least it has veggies....right?)

And I made her cinnamon rolls at Christmas...and I'd really like to try the chocolate sheet cake.....

lhafer
02-01-2011, 10:49 AM
:rotflmao::hysterical::rotflmao::hysterical:

I love her site!! I made something just the other night from her list of recipes. It was really great, a roast, and DH doesn't like roasts, and he said to make it again!!

Melaine
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Hilarious! Also, we can add "huge time-suck which impairs ability to perform SAHM duties". Of course, the BBB is worse for that, let's sue Alan and Denise.

ellies mom
02-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm there.

Have you tried her green bean casserole? I don't even like green bean casserole but I made it for Thanksgiving. Had a huge helping of seconds and ate the leftovers by myself. I'm scared to try the cinnamon rolls because the recipe has you making enough to feed a small army so you can give them away and well, I know I would end up hogging them all to myself.

KpbS
02-01-2011, 11:33 AM
i am going to have to sue pioneer woman for damages. My list of "damages" includes, but is certainly not limited to....

1. My ever increasing waist line.
2. Costs for a new set of fat clothes.
3. Treatment and rehabilitation costs at a gym of my choosing.

Anyone want to go class action with me?

:rotflmao:

jenfromnj
02-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm in (and if damages are allocated on the per pound basis, I should be SO set)! Maybe bubbaray would be willing to represent us, it sounds as though she's a fierce litigator.

I love PW, her recipes are awesome, but I do chuckle when she refers to a recipe as "healthy" and it has like a pound of butter, 2 cups of heavy cream and a pound of cheese it in. It does make her dishes delish, though. I guess if I was working the cattle ranch all day, it would even out, but somehow Gymboree class and walking around the block doesn't do the trick.

golightly1118
02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm in! Her chicken tika masala, pasta with shrimp and tomato cream sauce, and pot roast have been diet killers for me. To say nothing of her favorite sandwich-thankfully, the shortage of Hatch chilis in these parts keeps me from indulging in that one very often.

DietCokeLover
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I posted about making her tres leches cake this weekend.... well it's gone.

Last night I made chicken pot pie.... I almost snuck upstairs in the middle of the night for more. I can't wait for lunch so I can reheat some!

And, well, we're in the midst of a blizzard, so I HAD to make monkey muffins for breakfast. I mean, we may be without power for a few days, I HAD to make them, right? :innocent:

I truly need an intervention. :36:

AnnieW625
02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
You are soo funny! I love her site but I always forget to check it and I miss her awesome quiz deadlines by like a few hours! I haven't made any of her recipes yet, but I want to make pretty much everything she made on her Thanksgiving throw down with Bobby Flay.

wimama
02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Hmm, I haven't tried any of her recipes yet.

So, which recipes are you all suing over? Please do share.

salsah
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
i haven't tried her recipes yet because when i was reading your (the collective BBB's) favorites, they all sounded dangerous.

alexsmommy
02-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Mmm, interesting since I considered the blizzard a good excuse to try some more of her cookie or brownie recipes....
How about a class action lawsuit?

calv
02-01-2011, 04:08 PM
WHY isn't she on FB darn it?!?!?!

LOL, I guess she was already on my FB feed but not nearly as fan as her blog.

willow33
02-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm so in! I've tried her Chicken Spaghetti and just today made her Corn Chowder with Chilis...both delicious!!

So what should I make next? hmmmm.....

crl
02-01-2011, 04:27 PM
i haven't tried her recipes yet because when i was reading your (the collective BBB's) favorites, they all sounded dangerous.

:yeahthat:

Catherine

MolieMuts
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm there.

Have you tried her green bean casserole? I don't even like green bean casserole but I made it for Thanksgiving. Had a huge helping of seconds and ate the leftovers by myself. I'm scared to try the cinnamon rolls because the recipe has you making enough to feed a small army so you can give them away and well, I know I would end up hogging them all to myself.

Yes, the recipe makes six pans of cinnamon rolls. I kept two for us and gave the rest away. I think I will halve the recipe next time. They are sinfully good though.

KrystalS
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
This was not a good thread for me to open. I hadn't heard of PW. It was probably better that way. Now I want to go to the store for ingredients even though its freezing outside and I just went to the store yesterday!

ChristinaLucia
02-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Too funny!!! I am in! I was just about to start her cinnamon bread!

kboyle
02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Yes, the recipe makes six pans of cinnamon rolls. I kept two for us and gave the rest away. I think I will halve the recipe next time. They are sinfully good though.

she linked on her twitter a few weeks ago...someone typed up a recipe for her cinnamon rolls, but only for 12. much easier than figuring it out on my own :)

Small Batch PW Cinnamon Rolls (http://blog.kitchenmage.com/2011/01/small-batch-pioneer-womans-cinnamon-rolls.html)

I ♥ PW, her recipes, her pics, her blog...I can't wait to get her Black Heels to Tractor Wheels book that's coming out soon, loved her story in the blog, plus the book has her first yr of married life, during which she was preggo :)

recipes i love:

Pasta alla Marlboro Man (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/monday-night-dinner-pasta-alla-marlboro-man/)

Fettuccine Alfredo (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/07/fettuccine-alfredo/) - Pretty much the same recipe that I used to make, but I like the way she mixes it...makes you feel all special :)

Chicken & Dumplings (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/12/chicken-and-dumplings/) - it was pretty good, the kids didn't like it because of the dumplings, but the broth and chicken were really good.

i've tried other, but can't think of any right now. i have the cookbook and love it!

MMEand1
02-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks a lot guys (very sarcastic)...I HAD to go check out some of the recipes and ended up making the "best ever chocolate cake"! That thing is HUGE! It is very good and I will be taking a good chunk of it to work tomorrow in an effort to get it out of the house! MUST...STAY...AWAY...FROM...PW!!!

maybeebaby08
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll join in the lawsuit, especially since I just ate a bowl of her mashed potatoes for dinner. Every recipe I've made from there is amazing. These are my favorites:

Mashed Potatoes
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/11/delicious_creamy_mashed_potatoes/

Chicken Tenders (DH swears these are the best he's ever eaten)
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/quickie-homemade-chicken-strips/

Monkey Bread
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/monkey-bread/

Kitten007
02-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Ohhhhh noooooo you didn't Dietcokelover!!!! You got me addicted to the Tres Leches Cake and then you start this thread and then I read all the yummy food and I have to remember to listen to my DH/family and now I must try all these yummy foods even though I know what it will do and now I am so so so very screwed.

Can't wait to try out some new dishes and look like Santa for Christmas next year!

Thank you all for the dinner suggestions! :yay: