PDA

View Full Version : My Total Money Makeover - Thank You!

Mermanaid
02-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I leared about Dave Ramsey by reading several threads on this board. DH and I talked about it for quite some time and in late January we finally decided it was time to face the debt, etc. head on and joined the mytotalmoneymakeover.com site. I think I may have fainted when we used the Debt Snowball tool and saw the total outstanding due.

Anyway ... it's been just a few weeks and we already paid off two credit cards. Hopefully the the tax return comes soon and that will make a huge chunk in the total outstanding. So a huge thank you to this board because I feel like we are getting this under control.

We've paid off before, but were missing an important piece - the budgeting tool. Now we can pay it off but we won't get the debt back to where it was because we know how to live on what we make!

DietCokeLover
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
That's wonderful! Keep up the good work.

WolfpackMom
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Yay! Good for you! We started in November and have paid off 2 credit cards and most of DH's car. Unfortunately we are now facing some big medical expenses for DS and I am so relieved we didnt go down to the $1k in savings that TMM reccomends or else we would be totally screwed right now. After we get through these expenses I hope we can get back on track with the snowballing. :)

Beckylove
02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Congrats! It is amazing to feel like you have some control over your financial life again when you had been feeling out of control and overwhelmed.

DebbieJ
02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Great job! Doesn't it feel great to have some traction?

niccig
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Well done. The best thing I ever did was to work out all the big bills eg car insurance, property tax etc and take $$ from each paycheck. These were all due just after the holidays and $$ was tight or credit card balance. Now, the $$ is there, and NO stress, no credit card balance to get through those months. It was simple solution and has made finances much more stable.