PDA

View Full Version : How to label keys on keyboard (piano)

MacMacMoo
02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
We have a very old keyboard, one that I used when I was a child. DH thinks it would be fun to label three octaves worth of notes (numbered 1 to 21) as a fun numbers/counting exercise.

I'm trying to figure out what to use to label it though. I'd like something that will stay in place, but wont be a pain when I go to take it off in a couple of months.

ladysoapmaker
02-01-2011, 08:14 PM
I used the stickers from scrapbooking. I haven't tried taking them off in a while but when I first put them on I did one and waited a day to try to take it off and it worked fine.

Jen

GvilleGirl
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I used to have some like this on our piano growing up.

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=View+All&SCID=View+All&CollectionID=DC0001726&num=332&SourceCode=10658000002&Affid=12&PaidKeyword=piano%20key%20stickers

bubbaray
02-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Are you labelling it to help with piano lessons? I would ask your teacher. Because many don't like to label the keys -- it teaches the student to look at the keys when they are playing and ideally they play without looking at the keys, just looking at the music. YMMV

Cam&Clay
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
I would use post-it tape, if you are just doing it for fun. If it's for piano lessons, I wouldn't do it at all.

kijip
02-02-2011, 01:43 AM
We used a Brother label maker to make a single, removable label for middle C on our electronic piano. I put it on the front of the key, not on the top, but you could put it on the top. We only did this so that before he started playing, T could find middle C without asking us. It is not visible when he is playing so I don't think it is impairing his learning.

It sounds like the OP is talking about a fun counting game with an old keyboard, not about learning piano. Sounds like a fun idea. But I agree, I would not normally label my piano keys.