PDA

View Full Version : Droidx

babyzolo
02-02-2011, 08:24 AM
This past weekend I bought a DROIDX, my first smartphone, other than my work Blackberry. I am pretty clueless on most of the features, although I am figuring some things out slowly. I know that this is not a DROID forum, but I would appreciate some helpful hints that are not as technical as some of the DROID forums out there.

What are your favorite apps for you?
for your toddler?

What are the different task manager programs and how do you know which apps should not be running in the background?

Lastly, are there music (song clips) ringtones out there available for free (without having to purchase the song)?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice! :)

kboyle
02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
i use jorte for my calendar
astrid to do for my to-dos
vignette for my photos
news rob for my rss

i do NOT use a task manager program...i find them unneccessary

angry birds is free, so i'd grab that

not sure about free mp3 ringtones
my kids dont touch my phone since they have ipod touches, not sure on other kid friendly gmaes

eta: toddlerlock is great!

babyzolo
02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks Kristine! I am snowed / iced in with the kids today so I've been playing around with it a bit. Learning some tricks. This info helps. I will look into the apps.

gobadgers
02-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm still figuring mine out too, but I did just find the free app "The Beatles Ringtones". Good stuff!

I found Colornote useful for my grocery and to-do lists, but haven't figured out Astrid yet.

I've only found a few games so far, but DD (3.5 years old) loves "Kids Shape Puzzle Lite" and DS (1.5 years old) loves the Animal Sounds app. I'm still looking for a good drawing/painting app for kids.

So far I like MyFitnessPal for tracking workouts and calories

Digital Recipe Sidekick and Epicurious for recipes

BillK
02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Of all the droid related sites out there I've found Android Central the most to my liking.

App'wise - lately I'm impressed with calorie counter by fat secret. It's a nice alternative to lose it (which is still only on iphone).

Fairy
02-02-2011, 07:45 PM
There are alot of off topic topics here, so have at it :-)

I love my droid, tho admittedly I don't understand everything it does. There have been a few threads on the Droid, including a long one about favorite apps that I really loved. Just do a search on droid, and you should find them!

gamma
02-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Love "Lose It" on my touch and really miss it on my Droid X. Is there a way to put a pass code on Calorie Counter like the one on Lose it? I love that my weight is private and no one can access it without the code.