PDA

View Full Version : Vtech Kiddizoom Camera

Melaine
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I cannot find the manual for these and I'm having trouble finding the answer online. What I am reading is saying that you have to manually delete each picture by hand. Is that correct? I downloaded all the photos and now I have to manually delete all 400? Is there really no other way? If anyone knows a way to delete all I would appreciate your help!

TwinFoxes
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I don't know the answer, but can I ask if your DDs like it? I am planning to buy these tomorrow for DDs' third(!) birthday. Do you have one or two? TIA!

justlearning
06-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't know how to use my kids' kidizoom cameras but they do, so here are the instructions from my son on how to delete everything at once:

1) Go to mode (press mode button).
2) Go to memory manager. (tools icon)
3) Go to format (click on memory card or camera depending on where yours are stored).
4) Click OK.
5) Then say "yes" to erase all data.

justlearning
06-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Sorry, I don't know the answer, but can I ask if your DDs like it? I am planning to buy these tomorrow for DDs' third(!) birthday. Do you have one or two? TIA!

I know that some moms on here haven't had the same experiences as my sons (i.e., their kids are more bothered by the low resolution of the photos) but my sons have absolutely LOVED theirs!

They have had them for 2 1/2 years and still use them nearly every day. (My sons are now 5 and newly 8.) It truly is the best gift they've ever gotten--if you search kidizoom on here, you'll see previous posts of mine talking about how much they like using their cameras for pics, videos, and games.

ETA that this is the model that we have: (This is relevant for the OP too in case your model is different and my son's directions don't work for your camera):

http://www.amazon.com/Vtech-Kidizoom-Plus-Digital-Camera/dp/B000NZORB0/ref=sr_1_5?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1307397738&sr=1-5

Melaine
06-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't know how to use my kids' kidizoom cameras but they do, so here are the instructions from my son on how to delete everything at once:

1) Go to mode (press mode button).
2) Go to memory manager. (tools icon)
3) Go to format (click on memory card or camera depending on where yours are stored).
4) Click OK.
5) Then say "yes" to erase all data.

Thank you! Your son is a genius. It worked like a charm. I read some reviews that said you had to delete one at a time and I couldn't believe that was true!
Tell him thanks for me!

Melaine
06-06-2011, 08:00 PM

No problem! We got two for Christmas. Ours are the older ones, we got them on sale at Walmart.com IIRC. The girls really do like them and use them pretty often. They will take pictures and giggle and giggle about the shots. The quality of the photos is not great, but it is fine for our purposes and they have gotten some surprisingly decent shots. We haven't had a moment of trouble with the cameras and I know they have been dropped more than once. I think they have been well worth getting. :thumbsup: I can't imagine NOT getting two though, for me that would be a fate worse than death.

Here is the exact one we have, just for reference although the price is jacked up (I think the sale we found was $20) http://www.amazon.com/Vtech-Kidizoom-Camera-Light-Blue/dp/B004E3NIEY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307404850&sr=8-3-spell

newg
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
DD1 got one for her third birthday and she loves it! Not the best quality, but DD doesn't care......she just loves taking her own pictures and laughing at them. Some of them are quite cute though!
Very durable too.

TwinFoxes
06-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm not overly concerned with the picture quality. They're 3, I doubt they are either! ;) Glad to hear that other DCs love them and that the camera is durable. Melaine, we're planning on getting two, it just seems for the best.

Melaine
06-07-2011, 08:24 AM
I was shocked also when I downloaded the photos for the first time and realized that it held about 400!

Reyadawnbringer
06-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I think this is the camera we have. I will have DH check as I am at work. Anyway, assuming it is the same camera, I was NOT impressed with it. Its not that the pictures are low quality, its that they are all blurry. Even when I try to take a pic holding as still as I possibly can, the pics still come out super blurry. DS got this for his second birthday and we plan on getting rid of it and getting a different one.

I will edit this post if it turns out to not be the same camera.

s7714
06-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I use Windows Media I think it is to download the pix off those cameras (same as what I use for my cameras) and that software just deletes them from the camera after downloading. I've never even tried the kiddizoom software.

My DDs love their cameras, especially my 8 year old. They love taking videos more than taking pictures though. My only issue with them is that they are so big, bulky and heavy. I'd like them to be able to take them places so they could take their own photos, but there's no way I'd lug the suckers around.

As for picture quality, one must realize these don't have auto-focus, so taking the average child into consideration you're going to end up with predominately fuzzy pictures. When my DDs are being patient and take their time they've gotten some really great shots.

justlearning
06-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I was shocked also when I downloaded the photos for the first time and realized that it held about 400!

Have you added a memory card? Our sons have cheap hand-me-down memory cards from us and are able to hold lots of videos and thousands of pics that way (not that you need to, but just an FYI).

justlearning
06-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I'd like them to be able to take them places so they could take their own photos, but there's no way I'd lug the suckers around.

Let them lug the cameras around! My sons take theirs everywhere we go and are responsible for carrying their own cameras. Sometimes they use the carrying case, sometimes they don't.

In nearly every vacation or outdoors pic I have of the boys the past couple of years, they always have their camera in their hand! Many times they won't look at me so I also have lots of pics of the boys taking pics of things.