PDA

View Full Version : Was He Overheated?

Indianamom2
06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I took DD and Ds (22 months) with me to the local farmer's market today. It was completely indoors, but no air conditioning, just open doors to let the breeze in. It was about 88 degrees outside and humid. We were there about 30-45 minutes, tops, and dressed in shorts and t-shirts.

Ds was acting totally normal, maybe a little quiet. We went to Bob Evans for lunch (about a 15 minute drive with the A/C cranked up!). He acted totally normal until about 5 minutes after our food arrived....and then spewed everywhere.

Ever since, he's been totally normal, active, no fever. In fact, he was asking for more of his food at the restaurant (I didn't give him any more though.) He did have a lot of apple juice (a rare treat for him) while waiting for his food.

Does this sound like he got overheated? It was just completely out of the blue. Fwiw, I don't think he really drank much this morning.

nrp
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I took DD and Ds (22 months) with me to the local farmer's market today. It was completely indoors, but no air conditioning, just open doors to let the breeze in. It was about 88 degrees outside and humid. We were there about 30-45 minutes, tops, and dressed in shorts and t-shirts.

Ds was acting totally normal, maybe a little quiet. We went to Bob Evans for lunch (about a 15 minute drive with the A/C cranked up!). He acted totally normal until about 5 minutes after our food arrived....and then spewed everywhere.

Ever since, he's been totally normal, active, no fever. In fact, he was asking for more of his food at the restaurant (I didn't give him any more though.) He did have a lot of apple juice (a rare treat for him) while waiting for his food.

Does this sound like he got overheated? It was just completely out of the blue. Fwiw, I don't think he really drank much this morning.

I'd wager it was the apple juice on an empty stomach. That much sugar, especially if he's not used to it, could easily upset his tummy. I wouldn't worry!

waitingforgrace
06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I'd wager it was the apple juice on an empty stomach. That much sugar, especially if he's not used to it, could easily upset his tummy. I wouldn't worry!

:yeahthat: full strength apple juice upsets my tummy if I drink it too fast.

Indianamom2
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks ladies. He does have apple juice every once in a while, but he drank this pretty fast. Hopefully that's all it was and we don't have any more puking. I really don't have time for that today!:wink2: