PDA

View Full Version : help..hurt hand and need to write in exam tomorrow

niccig
06-08-2011, 10:56 PM
i was pushing past the clothes drying rack and the rounded point of one side pushed deeply into back of my hans..i was stupid.

the skin was not broken but it is bruised/swollen. it hurts to bend my fingers. i have taken advil, icing it, and rubbed arnica on it. i have to write tomorrow - it is my dominant hand. anything else i can do to make it better?

DrSally
06-08-2011, 10:59 PM
You're doing all the things I would do. Any chance you can get an extension?

Snow mom
06-08-2011, 11:00 PM
E-mail the prof and ask for an exception? I know I fell the day before an exam and could hardly close my hand to hold a pen. I asked to type the exam (which I could do fairly pain free) and was granted that on the honor system. This was a graduate class but working with professors I find that most of them are more understanding than you would think. They want to give the students the benefit of the doubt, especially students who haven't proven themselves not to deserve that.

caheinz
06-08-2011, 11:07 PM
E-mail the prof and ask for an exception? I know I fell the day before an exam and could hardly close my hand to hold a pen. I asked to type the exam (which I could do fairly pain free) and was granted that on the honor system. This was a graduate class but working with professors I find that most of them are more understanding than you would think. They want to give the students the benefit of the doubt, especially students who haven't proven themselves not to deserve that.

:yeahthat: (exactly that!)

SpaceGal
06-09-2011, 12:04 AM
I would talk to the instructor too...maybe I'm a "talker" as DH would say but if i needed the time or help I would be honest and just ask.

Hope you feel better soon.

niccig
06-09-2011, 12:31 AM
It's feeling better...I can actually type. So it might be OK by tomorrow morning. If not, I'll email the professor as my exam is in the evening.

I had DH stop at drugstore to get an arm sling - it's helped to have it supported and I can put a wrapped icepack in there too.

Stupid, stupid me.

bubbaray
06-09-2011, 12:39 AM
P&PT that it is all better for the exam! I've done the same thing (stupid drying racks!) and holy smokes does that hurt! All the nerves in the hand don't help either.

GL!!!

niccig
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Yep it hurts. It's the back of my hand and it's the one part of my body without extra fat there.

I can write, so I'll be fine for today. Lifting anything heavy or lifting and turning hurts. Hopefully that will be gone in a couple of days too.