PDA

View Full Version : When does the daddy phase start?

niccig
06-09-2011, 02:20 AM
DS has always preferred me. He's indep. and will go off and do things without me, but I'm the one to comfort and get spontaneous hugs and kisses. I'm also around more, though since I've been back in school, DH does school drop off 2x a week, and takes DS out on weekends eg. to the movies, bike riding etc.

But DS does not spontaneously give DH a hug/say I love you. If we leave the house w/o doing this, he will run back in. But it's just in the morning/evenings.

I've been told that boys will go through a Daddy phase and Mummy will no longer be the center of their universe. When is that? DH is getting upset that at 6yo, DS is still all about Mummy. He took DS to his school's event last night as I had a class, and a friend of DS's came up and hugged DH - DS doesn't do that and DH commented on it to me.

goldenpig
06-09-2011, 02:47 AM
I don't know but I'm wondering the same about girls! I have the same problem with DD and DH!

mommylamb
06-09-2011, 06:44 AM
DS has been in a daddy phase pretty much all his life. It makes me sad sometimes, even though he's very loving with me too. I think it's just different for different kids.

egoldber
06-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Yeah, we've never had that phase. Sigh.

carolinamama
06-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Hasn't happened around here! Both boys spend more time with me so I think it has something to do with that. Especially with a new baby coming soon, I'd love to have atleast one of them moving onto DH, but I'm afraid it won't happen.

Melaine
06-09-2011, 07:36 AM
I've been wishing and hoping for that phase but not sure it's coming for us either.

crl
06-09-2011, 07:47 AM
For us it started around age 6. And I don't mind at all except that dh works insane hours so now I have to listen to incessant questioning and whining about when dh will be home, etc.

Catherine

DietCokeLover
06-09-2011, 08:01 AM
We are not there either and my DH and I are both around the dc all day. Me, more than him, but they most definitely prefer me.

elizabethkott
06-09-2011, 08:07 AM
J has been in his Daddy Phase since he was about 2 1/2. So far, Stevie is all about Mommy.

SnuggleBuggles
06-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Ds1 is almost 9 and we are pretty equal to him but I think that there are still times he picks me (sick, hurt).

Beth

Melaine
06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Equal would be GREAT.

elephantmeg
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
DS is 5 and just started Identifying himself with the guys. He now sits with DH in the sound booth at church instead of with me and DD, he "fixes the camper" with DH and FIL and gets out his tools when DH does. It's kinda sweet!

JBaxter
06-09-2011, 09:55 AM
All 4 boys went from a mommy phase to a friend phase. I've never had a daddy phase here.