PDA

View Full Version : Will Kohl's honor a coupon if I go in with a receipt?

KrisM
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I forgot my coupon at home, but scratched off a 20%. I have 30% at home. If I go back with the coupon, will they adjust it to 30%?

BabyDahl
07-18-2011, 10:04 PM
I doubt it. I tried something like that once and they said no. So I ended up returning the items, then taking them through checkout again, PITA, but it worked.

DrSally
07-18-2011, 10:05 PM
They told me that they'll honor any coupon that falls within the time period of your receipt. I don't recall doing it myself, but it's worth a shot.

maiaann
07-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Probably depends on your Kohls as well as the cashier. The one here is super accommodating and customer friendly. One time, a while back, in a rush to get out the door with the kids, I honestly forgot my 30% coupon and I told the clerk. She took my word for it and rang up my purchase at 30% off. Do some quick math. How much $$$ will an addt'l 10% save you? Is it worth the trouble? 20% is still a pretty good savings.

KrisM
07-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Probably depends on your Kohls as well as the cashier. The one here is super accommodating and customer friendly. One time, a while back, in a rush to get out the door with the kids, I honestly forgot my 30% coupon and I told the clerk. She took my word for it and rang up my purchase at 30% off. Do some quick math. How much $$$ will an addt'l 10% save you? Is it worth the trouble? 20% is still a pretty good savings.

I bought a bridal shower and a wedding gift, plus things for us. My pre-coupon total was just under $200, so I saved $40, but could have saved $60. I'll be near by tomorrow, and $20 is worth a try. Can't hurt to ask, right?

DebbieJ
07-18-2011, 11:23 PM
My Kohl's store would fix it for you.

cpster
07-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Definately worth a try. Once I went to customer service and told them I had forgotten my 30% coupon and they said no problem and just gave it to me.

maiaann
07-18-2011, 11:47 PM
I bought a bridal shower and a wedding gift, plus things for us. My pre-coupon total was just under $200, so I saved $40, but could have saved $60. I'll be near by tomorrow, and $20 is worth a try. Can't hurt to ask, right?

I'd give it a try. I agree - you've got nothing to lose. I think they'll do it. Kohls is pretty good at customer satisfaction.

cntrymoon2
07-18-2011, 11:51 PM
If they won't, just rebuy the stuff with your 30% off and then return it with your original receipt. I'd do it too, $20 isn't really pocket change.

hkriw
07-19-2011, 06:48 AM
I bought a watch in the AM and got home and there was a coupon in the mailbox that same day- took it in later and they price adjusted it for me...

calv
07-19-2011, 08:08 AM
I was told by one of the cashiers that we can combine the two receipts to get the kohls cash. Say one receipt is $87 & the other is $69, then for each one I only got 1 kohls cash per receipt. Had I made the purchase on the same day I would received 3 (total) instead of 2. does that make sense?

has this happened or has anyone done this?

ElspethCordelia
07-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I was told by one of the cashiers that we can combine the two receipts to get the kohls cash. Say one receipt is $87 & the other is $69, then for each one I only got 1 kohls cash per receipt. Had I made the purchase on the same day I would received 3 (total) instead of 2. does that make sense?

Yep, just bring in both receipts, they'll combine them.

Pinky
07-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I would think they would, but not sure. Our local stores are so good about this stuff.

BabbyO
07-19-2011, 10:52 AM
IME it depends on the store and cashier/manager. I've had them (1) just honor a coupon and credit me with the savings when I went in with a coupon and the original receipt and (2) return all the items, then have me repurchase.

I'd just bring the items in case...then you can return and re-purchase if necessary.

Kohl's generally wants it's customers happy so if a cashier is hesitant to do something, ask to speak to a manager. (A Cashier actually recommended this to me once because she couldn't do anything, but was pretty sure her manager would let me exchange something for DS that was out of season with items that were in season).

mom2mack&max
07-19-2011, 11:03 AM
A little different question about Kohls. Can you use a $10 Kohl's cash and a$10 gift I got from them in an email (come visit our newly remodeled store) in the same purchase?

Pinky
07-19-2011, 11:17 AM
A little different question about Kohls. Can you use a $10 Kohl's cash and a$10 gift I got from them in an email (come visit our newly remodeled store) in the same purchase?

Yes, as far as I know you can.

DebbieJ
07-19-2011, 11:29 AM

yes, they did it for me without even asking! I was returning something else and the cashier just automatically did it.

BabyDahl
07-19-2011, 11:37 AM
All these good experiences with Kohl's makes me resent the not-as-friendly cashiers at mine. I think I need to start asking for managers to get this kind of service!

lowrioh
07-19-2011, 12:15 PM
All these good experiences with Kohl's makes me resent the not-as-friendly cashiers at mine. I think I need to start asking for managers to get this kind of service!

I wouldn't go to a regular cashier for that sort of thing. I would go right up to the customer service counter. Those employees are usually more experienced and aware of the corporate policies.

Pinky
07-19-2011, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't go to a regular cashier for that sort of thing. I would go right up to the customer service counter. Those employees are usually more experienced and aware of the corporate policies.

I agree. I always go to the customer service desk and have never had anything but great service.

vball4all
07-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Regarding the OP's "I forgot my 30 coupon". I had something similar, except the mailer got to my house late. I had scratched a 15 or 20...I think it was 15. Anyway, by the time I got the 30 in the mail, plus, it was a Wednesday and they were having an extra 50% off.......I wanted an adjustment?!?! I couldn't get there until really late, but the Customer Service person said that they could adjust all the prices/discounts. It was almost closing time, so instead, I ordered online and got the same thing, free shipping. Then took the in-store purchase back. Call and see if CS says they will do it, if not, buy in store and return, or go online and return.

If I have forgotten my coupon, or don't remember, the cashier will be like "do you remember what it was?" They will basically give you whatever % you tell them.

Regarding receipts and combining, mine says they will, I haven't done it.

Also keep in mind that they will NOT combine in-store receipts with on-line receipts to create cash. I think that is a bit hokey.

BabyDahl
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I agree. I always go to the customer service desk and have never had anything but great service.

I DID go to CS when I had a coupon to retroactively apply; they were the ones who made me return and repurchase everything. Maybe that Kohl's employee wasn't having a good day. There's another one near enough that maybe I'll try that one if I ever have an issue again.

KrisM
07-20-2011, 04:27 PM
I went in today with the receipt and coupon. She did have to return and rebuy, but did it from the receipt. It was easy and I saved $16 in about 10 minutes.

mypa
07-20-2011, 06:49 PM
When I went in for an exchange (like for like) they had to do a return and rebuy, but honored the (lower) price I had originally bought at (was much higher now) including the coupon and Kohl's cash and then they gave me more Kohl's cash on top of it as this rebuy happened during their KC earning period, had no idea they would do that.

DrSally
07-20-2011, 09:14 PM
I went in today with the receipt and coupon. She did have to return and rebuy, but did it from the receipt. It was easy and I saved $16 in about 10 minutes.

:thumbsup:

I remember asking about this when I was new to Kohls. Of course, I had forgotten my coupon, but the CS person said at checkout that I could bring the coupon in and as long as the coupon was within the dates of my receipt, I could get an adjustment. I think they don't want to miss out on a sale just b/c someone forgot their stuff at home.

army_mom
07-20-2011, 10:48 PM

Yes, Kohls cash can be combine with other offers. I believe almost everything from Kohls states can combine with other offers. I recently used a $5 card I got in the mail, a $10 card I got in the mail, 2 $10 Kohls cash, and a 20% off coupon all in the same transaction with no issues. We got 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, a Lion towel wrap for DD, and 2 pair of shorts for $2.35! :yay: