View Full Version : Sienna 2011 talk to me
08-16-2011, 08:37 PM
We are considering a Sienna 2011 (I also looked at the Quest and Oddy but prefer the Sienna -- to each his / her own). If you own a Sienna 2011 what trim level / options do you have and what do you like/not like / wish you got/wish you didn't get on it?
08-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I have the (2009) XLE AWD, and love everything about it! We wanted AWD, though, and only fiound either the XLE or Limited with AWD, so didn't consiider the other models.
08-17-2011, 01:00 PM
This is all based on my very very limited experience. This is our first minivan and we just purchased it in July and DS is only 17 months old. DC#2 is due next year. We are in SoCal so we don't need AWD.
We were originally looking at the LE model. I really just wanted the basics as this would be our 3rd car to use on the weekends. DH test drove all the mini vans we tried. I really had no opinion and basically left it up for him to decide. Then one day at the dealer's, DH pointed out the SE version and said "this is the sport version I was talking to you about". Once he pointed out the differences, I was sold on it.
Diff b/t LE and SE:
- LE only comes with cloth seats. Not only are they cloth, the options are light light light grey or light light light beige. How does that work with kids? SE comes with combo cloth and pleather seats for the first 2 rows and pleather seats for the 3rd row. It only comes in one color - dark charcoal grey with white contrast stitching. I grew to like the combo (I am used to all leather seats) - it's cloth in the middle and pleather on the sides. Feels like the best of both worlds to me. If we went with the LE, I found out later that you can get aftermarket leather seats for around $2K.
- SE has different styling on the outside than all the other models. DH thinks this is the coolest looking minivan ever. I have to agree. Mainly the grill and lights are different. Supposedly the front/rear/underbody spoilers are diff. I can't tell. SE also has 19" wheels and fog lights.
- SE has different suspension and steering than all other models. It's about 1 inch lower than the others and has a bit tighter steering.
- SE has digitized climate control for the rear, LE has a knob or something.
More on the SE:
- I think the packages that come with the SE are regional. All the ones here come with Towing, moonroof, and maybe something else. No entertainment system or navigation.
- I am ok with no navigation. I heard the Sienna nav is like the Lexus nav. My mom has a Lexus, I really don't like the way her nav works. We bought a Garmin to use in the Sienna.
- I am ok with no entertainment system, DS is too young for it for now. He likes to just listen and dance to the music. When he's old enough, DH said we'll just get him an iPad. haha. I read that aftermarket entertainment systems are cheap. You can get the dual headrest ones or even the one that goes on the roof for about $300 installed.
- Backup camera screen is tiny, but it works. If you get nav, then it will be a much larger screen.
- Love the automatic side and rear doors.
- No smart key or push button start (only on XLE or limited).
- No sonar (only XLE or limited I think).
- No homelink or auto dimming rearview mirror. Not too happy about this one. You can get an aftermarket one for $170.
- No power 3rd row windows.
I have nothing to compare this mini van to and I haven't had it long enough to really figure out what I don't like about it yet. I'm glad we went with the slightly upgraded SE version over the LE as we use it MUCH more than I thought we would.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.