PDA

View Full Version : Early pregnancy symptoms

TwoBees
04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Just curious, how early did you get ANY pregnancy symptoms (and what)?

wendibird22
04-22-2013, 01:04 PM
For me, with both kids, it was raging heartburn before I ever POAS.

Melaine
04-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Cramping and sore breasts with DDs....it was like a day or two before AF was due. But I didn't suspect because those are typical symptoms for me, only they were a little more noticeable than usual. I mentioned to some friends I was annoyed AF was late and I just kept cramping. DFs said to test and I blew it off but went home and took a test. They were right!

With DS...I was way more aware because I was so excited about TTC. I tested too early to really notice any signs before hand. I definitely had very sore breasts though.

citymama
04-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Pretty much right at the two week mark. For me, it was an insanely strong sense of smell and gag reflex. I could suddenly smell food decomposing in the fridge or the smell of onions 3 blocks away. Seriously.

Curious minds want to know why you ask....

SnuggleBuggles
04-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Nothing with ds1. With ds2, I was ravenously hungry but also queasy.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Sore bbs, severe nausea with DS already at the 2 week mark. With DD i was nursing a 7 month old and i was too busy that by the time i took the time to pee on a stick i was almost certain i was preg.

georgiegirl
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I had one sore boob with this pregnancy. That's why I tested. My other symptoms (nausea) didn't start until 5 weeks.

mommylamb
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I didn't have a lot of typical pregnancy symptoms, but I did have nausea, starting around week 7. In both cases, I already knew I was pregnant from POS tests.

TwoBees
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Curious minds want to know why you ask....

I was hoping I could get away without anyone asking this! Lol. I ask bc my breasts are rather tender and swollen, they feel "full" like they did after having DD when it was time to pump. I even have that same tingle. My breasts haven't been sore before AF since I was young, prob before I ever started BCPs. I tested a few days ago and got a negative result, but it could have been too early. Or my breast tenderness could be all in ny head, or a symptom of something else entirely.

Then again, I HAVE had an increase in GERD symptoms, but didn't even think twice about it until Wendibird's post.

sarahsthreads
04-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Well, since DD1 I've always have slightly tender breasts before AF, but I KNOW I'm pregnant when they are "don't even look at my breasts, they hurt just from the weight of your gaze" painful. ;)

Also, heartburn. Like, I might breathe fire soon heartburn. If those two symptoms show up together a day or two before I expect AF, that's when I know it's time to POAS.

I hope you get the result you want...

Sarah :)

specialp
04-22-2013, 02:40 PM
1st time. Nothing until 7 weeks except slightly sore breasts. This past time, the extreme exhaustion and sore breasts (not too sore) started 4 days before AF was due. I went in the following day and tested +. The soreness I paid no attention to because I always get that b/f AF, but the exhaustion was tell tell for me.

eta: I was TTC both times so I was paying close attention to anything that could be a symptom.

Myira
04-22-2013, 02:44 PM
With DD the 1st time, I had really sore and suddenly heavy boobs, I mean it was dramatic. That prompted me to test 4-5 days before my period was due and sure enough a faint faint line. With DS, nothing much but I was almost certain I would test positive. Boy, as I write this I am hoping we are not in for a surprise for something soon, since I am feeling off and our BC methods are not fool proof.

KLD313
04-22-2013, 02:59 PM
I had symptoms well before my period was due, dry heaving and gloating. I even posted about it here and most people said no way I was pg it was too early for symptoms. Now DS is here, so IMO you can get symptoms super early.

Tondi G
04-22-2013, 03:20 PM
I had sore boobs and started burping A LOT, with both pregnancies. Then the heightened sense of smell, nausea and exhaustion kicked in.

wendibird22
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Then again, I HAVE had an increase in GERD symptoms, but didn't even think twice about it until Wendibird's post.

:bag Sorry!

Of course now we'll all be doing this until you post an update!
:popc1:

TwoBees
04-22-2013, 06:06 PM
:bag Sorry!

Of course now we'll all be doing this until you post an update!
:popc1:

Well, what does the wisdom of the BBB think?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mT-8CvPTzQU/UXXWvE8z5qI/AAAAAAAAA5w/J-i0WFIQzeQ/s400/IMAG1503.jpg

georgiegirl
04-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Looks pregnant to me! Congrats!

KLD313
04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Definitely see a line! Congratulations!

queenmama
04-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Two lines!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

My earliest symptoms were exhaustion with DS and constantly having to pee with DD.

Lara

sarahsthreads
04-22-2013, 07:45 PM
That's not even questionable! Congrats!

Sarah :)

oneontheway
04-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Congrats!! Wishing a healthy and happy pregnancy!

scrooks
04-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Congrats!:cheerleader1:

BDKmom
04-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

With both kids, I had very sore boobs 4-5 days before AF was due. With DS, my gag reflex while brushing my teeth also tipped me off, and with DD, I had headaches every day, which I never typically have. I wouldn't have even known that headaches were a symptom of preganacy, except my sister told me about the headaches she was having the week before she found out she was pregnant.

Congrats again!!

flashy09
04-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Sore breasts about 6 days after ovulation. I don't get PMS so that was a really strange feeling for me. I also felt bloated...like I had just eaten a big meal and was full all day long.

Just read all the replies, congratulations!

wendibird22
04-22-2013, 08:25 PM
That's a positive! Congratulations! Here's hoping your GERD doesn't get any worse.

lmh2402
04-22-2013, 08:28 PM
congratulations!

nrp
04-22-2013, 08:35 PM
No squinting required for this one - congratulations!! Since I expect that my POAS days are over, it is fun to anticipate a second line on the BBB!

TwoBees
04-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks everyone. I still don't really believe it, I'm going to test again in the morning with FMU (might as well, since the pg test came in a 2-pack!). I'm excited but nervous and cautious, hoping things go more smoothly this time than the first time, especially sine I'm higher risk now.

mjs64
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Yay yay yay! Keep us posted!

zukeypur
04-22-2013, 09:36 PM
First of all, CONGRATS!!!!!!

Second, I was contemplating posting the same question. I have had raging PMS this past week, so hopefully the worrying is for nothing. I wouldn't have thought twice about it except that DD hit me in the boob Saturday night and I noticed my breasts were sore. They were better yesterday, sore again today. AF is due tomorrow, usually around 10am. Boy, that cannot get here fast enough. The only symptom I have is sore boobs. No heightened sense of smell, heartburn, boob swelling, or nausea. I have my annual exam in June and I am going to ask about essure since DH is refusing the snip, and the pill has failed me once before.

SnuggleBuggles
04-22-2013, 09:45 PM
No squinting required for this one - congratulations!! Since I expect that my POAS days are over, it is fun to anticipate a second line on the BBB!

:yeahthat: congrats!!!

edurnemk
04-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Congratulations!

With DS my boobs were VERY sore, I was nauseous and very tired. I tested when I was about 10 days late, I'm pretty irregular so I didn't take it seriously until then.

With DD we had been TTC for a few months so I tested super early, before any symptoms IIRC.

emily_gracesmama
04-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Crampy, thirsty for water and dizzy all before the two week wait was over. Although I have three kids, I've been pregnant 7 times and all those times I noticed the same symptoms. One time I almost blacked out and that make me suspect I was preggo and I wasn't even late yet.

ECUPirateMom
04-22-2013, 10:29 PM
congratulations!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989

essnce629
04-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Congratulations!!! That's a definite positive there!!! Sending you lots of sticky vibes and wishing you a nice and LONG pregnancy this time around!

♥ms.pacman♥
04-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Oh yay, congratulations!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!

todzwife
04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
6 weeks on the dot the nausea kicks in.

sunnyside
04-23-2013, 01:26 AM
My first sign was feeling like I would toss my cookies when I picked up a piece of heavy furniture to move it. I was 4.5 weeks. I never POAS. I just knew.

sunnyside
04-23-2013, 01:27 AM
Wow Congrats!!!

Philly Mom
04-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Congrats!

TwoBees
04-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Confirmed with another + HPT this morning. MFM said to call OB's office first, OB doesn't need to see me for another 2 weeks. So...I wait, I guess. And stock up on sour candies.

:D

georgiegirl
04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Confirmed with another + HPT this morning. MFM said to call OB's office first, OB doesn't need to see me for another 2 weeks. So...I wait, I guess. And stock up on sour candies.

Then it's official! When would that make you due?

TwoBees
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Then it's official! When would that make you due?

January 1st, 2014. New Year's baby, if I make it full-term. Although a different calculator says 1/2/2014.

boltfam
04-23-2013, 10:42 AM

Yay! Congrats!

Momit
04-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Yeah! Congratulations!

bostonsmama
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Aww, congrats!! Praying for a long and uneventful remainder of pregnancy. I have a friend whose waters broke at 25 weeks and she made it to 32 weeks on bedrest in the hospital. Then, it happened again and she made it to 34 weeks. Both of her children are doing remarkably well! Don't be fearful. Technology has advanced so much since 2009! Another friend just delivered at 7 months and their baby is doing great--ready to come home! It just blows my mind.

I've also been pregnant 7 times, and I always get this low, deep ache down there a few days before missed AF. This last time, nausea didn't hit until 6.5 weeks, but it's been pretty mild. With DD, I had the cramping and horrible back ache from 4-5.5 weeks. I *always* know I'm pregnant way before missed AF. This last time was a shock.

AnnieW625
04-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Congratulations! I am soo happy for you and your family. Lots of sticky vibes, and will this be our first 2014 baby?!:boogie:

For me it was my boobs would be sore almost immediately after I was suppose to get my period. I also gained 5lbs with each pregnancy and most of that was even before I found out I was pregnant. I also had that happen two other times (March, 2003, and January, 2005), so I think I was pregnant then as well then, but the first time I never tested and I got my period before I was 2 weeks late (at the time I think my thinking was I would test if I was 14 days late, but DH was out of work as well so I wanted to put off testing as long as possible, we had also only been married for not quite two months then, and I didn't tell DH about it until years later, like maybe 2010), and the second time I had a feeling something was up because of the instant weight gain so I tested and got a negative on an HPT and at the lab. I got my period again a few days later. DH knew about that one. I did lose the 5lbs almost immediately though.

With DD1 I had a week of morning sickness feeling although I never got sick. I got in the habit of eating saltines and or a peanut butter spoon each night before bed. With baby 2 I got sick at random times and not much helped. Thankfully though it happened at home and not at work. With DD2 I got sick a few times, but had horrible heartburn from about week 12 on, DD2 ended up being my reflux baby.

brittone2
04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Aw, congrats! Very happy to see your update! :yay:

PunkyBoo
04-23-2013, 04:25 PM
congratulations! I am DONE having babies but seeing that faint second line sent my heart aflutter!

123LuckyMom
04-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Congratulations!!!!! The sore breasts and GERD symptoms are a sure bet!

Mopey
04-23-2013, 08:26 PM
So exciting! Lots of p & pt for, as a PP said, a loooooooong and uneventful pregnancy :D

And I used the same test for Miss Mopey......SO crazy seeing those lines!

:applause:

MamaMolly
04-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Oh YAY!!!!!!!! :applause: I hope you have the same 'problem' I did, Lula was a 36 weeker and Dolly was on her due date. That last month was HARD. I was sore, itchy, stuffed like a fat bear preparing to hibernate. I sincerely, with all my heart hope you meet your 40th week fat and sassy and very, very pregnant. :heartbeat:

Indianamom2
04-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Many congratulations! May you have a very healthy, easy and uneventful pregnancy!:cheerleader1: