Default Ugh, I have a crib teether ...

So, DS1, who has recently learned to pull himself up, has also recently decided that it's fun to gnaw on his crib rail. I went in there after I had put the guys down for a nap b/c I heard lots of giggles. I quietly opened the door a crack and saw DS1 standing, giggling, and gnawing, and DS2 watching DS1 from his crib and laughing wildly. It was pretty amusing.

Well, now I have to get a cover of some sort for the rail. I saw this cloth one at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pr_product_top

Or maybe something plastic: http://www.amazon.com/KidKusion-2700...7874662&sr=8-2

Anyone have any experience and suggestions for me? I do like the idea of the cloth one better, and I don't mind having to wash it, so that's what I think I'm leaning towards.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I ended up taking a receiving blanket, folding it in like fourths the long way and then attaching it over the end DD was gnawing on by wrapping some wide ribbon that I had on hand around the blanket and through the rails (down and back so each rail got wrapped twice). The ribbon is knotted on really tight. It's been about a month and DD stopped gnawing (and hasn't moved on to another section...I guess she preferred this end) and doesn't fiddle with the blanket. It was a cheap and easy fix.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I have the Leacho easy teether - I only wish I had gotten it before my beaver of a DS chewed through his crib rail (OK, not quite through, but he really ate a lot of the finish off, yuck!).

I like the fact that you can hook teethers or other toys on the loops and it's washable. Now that DS is older, he thinks it's great to rip the entire thing off when he wakes up, but luckily he doesn't seem to chew on the crib anymore, so it's not a big deal for us.

If you have anything other than a "standard" crib, be sure to check out this web site, http://www.teething-teeth.com/shopsite_page0.html as the fabric does come in different widths, and the standard size would not have fit my crib, as a lot of people complain about in the Amazon reviews.
    Kate

DS March 07; DD Jan 09

Just wanted to say thanks, ladies! Great ideas!

clb is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thanks for this post. I am in the same situation now too. All of a sudden I noticed a bunch of teeth marks along one side of the crib.