Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reindeer "Food"

Default Reindeer "Food"

Are you guys doing this with your kids this year?

Sophie came home with a baggie full of it last year from school. I seem to recall that it was raw oatmeal mixed with red and green glitter. We walked around the house and decided that it was best to do a trail from the driveway to the front door (Of course Jonathan was convinced the Pigdogs would eat it and it would end up costing us hundreds of dollars in vet bills).

Anyway, I forgot to get glitter, and all I have is some opalescent stuff... So I guess that will have to do, though I doubt it will be festive enough for a five year old.

Any other suggestions? We already have had painfully long discussions regarding the types of cookies and carrots to be left out for Santa and his "transportation" assistants :P

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We leave out carrots and red bell peppers.

(Carson heard that reindeer really like red bell peppers from
    her "Santa Clause 2" movie.)

So, since I forgot the stuff at the grocery store yesterday,
    I am headed back there tomorrow.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Sophie came home with a bag of oatmeal, marshmallows and glitter. She keeps trying to convince me that she is a reindeer and needs to eat it!

The "food" my dd came home from preschool with was Frosted Corn flakes w/ glitter. DH bought a bag of carrots tonight.

We'll bake a couple cookies for Santa tomorrow as we bake the birthday cake for Jesus.

I'm starting to understand why some people don't do Santa! I'm not a good liar so it's tough for me to come up with answers to the questions she spurts out! She does love the fact that he's coming though--that part is super fun.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD came home with some but instead of glitter they used sprinkles that had some sparkle, so if the local wildlife decide to try out the reindeer food the glitter won't clog them up! DD is very excited to try it out, just remember to go out and scuff it up in the morning...we plan on leaving a half eaten carrot on the lawn too.

Beth

Regular frosted flakes were the staple here...Mom assured me the reindeer lived them...and they were gone every year

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We don't do Santa, but I was thinking instead of red and green glitter, how about red and green colored sugar crystals, That way they'd have some sparkle, but wouldn't make anyone sick.

Quote Originally Posted by ilfaith
    We don't do Santa, but I was thinking instead of red and green glitter, how about red and green colored sugar crystals, That way they'd have some sparkle, but wouldn't make anyone sick.
    Oooh Oooh!!! We have those!!!

Thanks!!

And to everybody else, no corn flakes, but we have Special K with berries, and the ever popular Cheerios. Don't know that those will work. :P

I think *Jonathan* would be outside following the trail if they had marshmellows in there. That's quite a visual

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Default Our version

We made it with oatmeal, all sorts of cake decorating sparkles and Cheerios. We added a dash of glitter and put it into snack bags. Each out needs just a little or the reindeer would be too full. J is sure the neighbors all need it so they remember our neighborhood next year as the good food area.

What about red and green rock candy? The local critters might get all hopped up on sugar, but I doubt it would do much damage...
    Although the idea of a spastic racoon in my backyard would be enough to cause me to worry about damage...
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast