kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need help timing meal

I don't know how much traffic there is on the board right now - imagine that, on Christmas Eve! I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what to cook when for our brunch tomorrow.

Here's the meal:
    **Baked Apple French Bread - bakes for 45-60 minutes at 400 degrees
    **Hash Brown Quiche - 20-25 minutes at 450 for crust then 30 minutes at 350 for the quiche
    **Croissants - 15-20 minutes at 375
    **Bacon - 20 minutes or so at 400
    **Other stuff that doesn't involve the oven!

I'd like for us to eat at 11:30. I have one oven and a convection microwave that could be pressed into service for anything except the apple french bread dish - it would be too big to fit. I haven't used it as an oven in a while, so I tend to forget about it. I don't mind baking the crust for the quiche ahead of time. I think that the apple french bread will retain heat fairly well.

Anyone have any advice on how to get all of this stuff cooked in a timely manner?

I would do the apple bread and bacon first at 400. Wrap the apple bread to keep it warm and put it aside.

Crank the heat up to 450 (are you SURE it needs to be that high? That's close to broiler hot) for the Quiche crust, then back it down to 375 for the croissants AND quiche (the quiche will just be done a little faster).

The last five minutes or so, just throw the bacon back in to warm it up, or put it in the convection oven. If the apple bread needs it, it can be 'perked' up in the oven the last 5-10 minutes as well while everybody is coming the the table.

Sound good?

-m

ETA - An excellent use of your microwave convection oven (assuming your plates are micro safe) is to warm your plates. Keeps the food warm much longer, which I have found to be a problem especially with breakfast food for some reason. Good luck!
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04