rds97 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Spinoff of Mat. Jeans thread > Let's talk Maternity Pants!

What brands/styles of maternity pants did you like - specifically with trouser style, dressier pants (not sweat pants/etc.)? Do you like the lowrise/demi panel, or the full panel?

I thought I liked the demi style (low rise) from Old Navy, but now they are starting to dig into my tummy at 24 weeks. Maybe I just need a bigger size? I got some roll panel "modern fit" pants from Gap which I like pretty well, but I have to pull on them a little to keep them up. There just aren't that many options out there that I've found! (Well, part of my problem is that I need a larger size, like an XL or XXL - so some brands do not work for me, but that is another story...)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    - Rebecca S.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I found that below the belly did not work for me after a certain point. Full panel are much more comfortable. I've had decent experience with Liz Lange at Target and Old Navy, but then I don't like to pay a lot for stuff I'm not going to wear much. I was mostly in shorts and not dress pants for the bigger 1/2 of my preg
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Smile UTB waistband, all the way

Speaking re: 2nd pg. I loved the JW under the belly fit (OK waistband) through the whole pg for slacks and capris and dressy skirts. The JW khakis fit tighter than the garbadine, and the OK waistband was so low that it dug into my thighs when I was sitting, so I didn't like those. I prefer the fit of the garbadine. My absolute favorite jeans were JW OK UTB, with a wide, flared leg. I liked the JW softer foldover waistband too, which I usually wore UTB (you know it can be a tank top part of the skirt, or folded down however you want over or under belly). I got so many compliments when I wore my JW bottoms, bc it made my bottom look a lot better than the other brands! The target Liz Lange pants waistband was screwed up after 3 washes on delicate in my front loader and air drying, so I can't comment on comfort. I didn't like Olian OTB at all for slacks or skirts. Olian UTB was okay for jeans. And I didn't like the JCPenny mid belly for more than a couple weeks.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

My slacks are Mimi Maternity, under the belly, elasticized or partially elasticized. I don't like them that much because they dug into my lower abdomen at about 6-7 months and I had to undo them at my desk anyway. But they were the only ones I could wear - everything else felt like they were falling off.

Default RE: Let's talk Maternity Pants

At 33 weeks right now I am hating ALL maternity pants. Really only the full panel ones work, or ones with elastic all the way around - but having pants sit above my belly is just so odd feeling since I am a low rise wearer normally. The under the belly ones sit so low now they are below my very low rise underwear and then the crotch is also too long. I have a pair of gap jeans and grey dress pants from JCPenny that have a little less than full panel - it is a very wide panel 6 inches (cotton on Gap, spandex like on JCP) that goes all the way around, a little bigger in front.
    Michelle