catmars Guest

Default Sleep Tight Infant Soother

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Sleep Tight Infant Soother, it can be found on http://www.colic.com/

At the 100.00 price, it says it supposedly simulates a car ride. It's attached to the bottom of the crib. Is there anyone out there who has used this or has heard of anyone else whose used this?

It sounds like a great idea, and I would like to use it to lull my 7 week old DD to sleep. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Sleep Tight Infant Soother

I don't have any experience with this particular soother, but I do have a white noise machine, purchased from Target for about $14 made by Homedics, that we use every night for my 4-month DD. Have used it since she was about 7 weeks old. It has a timer so every night we turn on the ocean sound (it also has white noise, rain, river, crickets, etc) for 30 minutes and she's asleep within minutes. I had noticed that she drifted off everytime I vacuumed - in the beginning, I vacuumed every day :) - so I looked into something to simulate that noise since she was NOT a happy camper come bedtime.

Sorry this doesn't exactly answer what you were asking. Good luck!

catmars Guest

HI Sarah,

Thanks for your reply.

I do own a sound machine from Brookstone, but it's been inconsistent in getting her to sleep.

The Infant Soother is actually a vibration unit that is attached to the bottom of the crib, so it could vibrate the entire crib supposedly and simulate a car ~sounds like an ingenious invention to me, just wonder if it really works, especially with the price tag.

Appreciate your advice, though. :)

mamahill Guest

Wow - that is amazing. I have a friend who said that hospitals have something similar in their nicus because preemies need to be in motion (simulate the womb). Worth looking into, especially if it will give you some sleep.

During the day, Ainsleigh naps in her infant-toddler rocker because it can semi-recline and has a vibration unit hooked into it. If you end up making the investment in the crib one, let me know - it would be useful for the future!

jojo2324 Guest

I haven't heard of this, but DH and I were about to purchase the Kolcraft mattress that vibrates for the same reason. Now that I've read your post we're going to hold off...Where can I find info on it?

catmars Guest

Hi Jojo

Go to www.colic.com

I did see that Kolcraft mattress as well, but you have to use batteries.

This Infant soother may be worth it as it has a an AC adapter feature, so no batteries to worry about!

I will keep you updated if I decide to purchase.

Thanks everyone!

jojo2324 Guest

Thanks...realized after I posted that you had listed where to find info. DH has come to the conclusion that the reason so many baby items are battery operated is to avoid the risk of electrical fire. It would be nice to plug everything in...DS's swing's batteries have died after only two weeks, and he doesn't use it that much.

catmars Guest

I know what you mean about the batteries, just wish there were more plug-in type things. My DD loves her swing and I am always so paranoid that one day I will run out of batteries and she will be screaming like a banshee.

I am still iffy about purchasing the soother. I have a vibration feature on my FisherPrice Kick and Play bouncer, it doesn't seem to put her to sleep (even after I take off the activity bar). Maybe I need to put her in a dark room along with it. I'm just scared that if she doesn't respond to the vibration on the bouncer that she may not respond to this gadget. But she does sleep in the car beautifully just about every time we go for a ride as I am sure a majority of babies out there do.

If you do decide to purchase the Kolcraft mattress, please keep me posted either via direct e-mail or via this thread.

Thanks!