Thread: Bed Rails

rosteve Guest

Default Bed Rails

I know this has been posted before, but with no satifactory answer.

Has anyone found a good/safe bed rail that they are happy with. Amazon shows up three, but all have some negative comments and naturally i am worried about anything that could hurt our little one.

Ideas, suggestions, comments and recommendations most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

smg

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Bed Rails

What age is the child?
    I have the Regala from One Step Ahead, and it's the longest I have found. We also have the Safety First portable. Both are about the same height, which is not high enough for our mattress. I have to wonder what mattresses they use in the photos!

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

rosteve Guest

Baby is 6 months (today!). We also have quite a thick mattress, so I wonder whether this is going to be a big problem. How high are the rails - presumably not high enough to actually prevent a rolling baby from falling off.
    Thanks for the response
    smg

joodyjr Guest

I use an Evenflo that I bought from ToysRUs about a year ago. My son sleeps with me in a regular queen size bed and he's been using this rail since he was 9 months old. It's not long enough to cover the whole length of the bed, but I've never had a problem with him scooting too far down in the bed. Every night without fail he manages to turn himself so the top of his head is jammed into the mesh part of the rail. He's never pushed the rail out. It also folds down during the day out of the way. We are about to put him into his own bed and I will use this rail for that bed. I like it and haven't had any problems thus far.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hhhmmm...I'll have to check out the Evenflo. Ours are tall enough to keep the baby from accidentally rolling out, but not from getting out *on purpose*. The fabric of the rails (nylon I guess) is attractive to him, plus he likes to pull himself up on them (he's 9 months). I found him wedged between the bedrail and the bed (he'd pulled/pushed it out of place) once time, so now I put pillows up against the rails for naptime, as they don't seem to interest him. He usually makes noise when he wakes up from his nap, and I get to him before he starts exploring.

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .