Thread: changing table

elovesme99 Guest

Default changing table

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of a portable changing table that I could keep on the floor? I am 5 months pregnant and it's hard for me to lift my 16 month old. She will not stay still on the ground and I was hoping someone had an idea about a low-lying thing with straps. Thanks
    Love Amy

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: changing table

If you have - or plan on getting - a Pak 'N Play with changing station, I think you could safetly use the changing station on the floor. Then when the baby comes you could use it on top again. I am still waiting for my first to arrive, so not speaking from experience, but this changing station set-up seems more convienient then others (traditional changing table or dresser top type).

Just a thought.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Could you possibly use the cushion top from the changing table? I am the same as above, expecting first in January, so I am not quite certain if that will work. My husband and I are not planning on getting a changing table and are hoping to change the baby either on the PNP changing table (while in the PNP) or on the floor, using one of the changing table contoured cushions (you can buy these anywhere - BRU, Target).

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Sharyn
    EDD #1 01.21.03
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

elovesme99 Guest

Sharyn
    Thanks for the idea. We never got a changing table, just nailed the contoured pad to a low-rise dresser. It's worked like a charm just that Ali is almost 25 pounds and it's tough on me. Maybe I'll get another pad and put it on the PNP changing part and put them both on the floor.
    Btw, the PNP works well for a newborn. Good luck
    Love Amy
    mom to Alison 8-14-01
    pregnant and due 4-8-03