I'm trying to crunch the numbers and see if we can spring for the Dutalier. (I'll be calling Goodnight Ben soon!) I want something that will hold up well over time, and did not know if any of you had comments regarding the durability of cloth vs. leather. I'm concerned about the cloth because from what I understand, you can't just wash the Dutalier covers. I don't want the chair to be looking awful in a short time. I also don't know if it could be easily re-upholstered in the future. On the other hand, I'm worried about leather because although it's easier to clean/wipe off, if the leather gets damaged (drawn on, cut with a sharp object, etc.) there's not much you can do to repair it (although, maybe the same could be said for cloth now that I think about it).

So, for those of you with Dutaliers in cloth or leather, what are the pros and cons in reality? Do you think either will hold up significantly better over time? Are there colors you suggest I look for or avoid to keep the chair from looking to yucky too fast? Thank you for your thoughts!

-Corrie