ScrapNancy Guest

Default Sears Cottage Collection by Simmons

I've been looking at the pictures of this collection online and wondered if anyone who's *recently* ordered it can answer a few questions.....What kind of hardware is on the crib? Is it hidden, plastic exposed, or metal exposed? And the drawer glides on the dresser - are they they same kind as on the Simmons furniture at BRU?

In a previous post someone said that it was the same as the CAtalina collection in Pottery Barn but the catalog I have of theirs shows plastic exposed hardware and the Sears.com picture shows metal exposed. Is the hardware really different or is the Sears picture old?

Is my local Sears store likely to have a floor model I can look at, touch and feel?

Thanks all for your help! We would like white furniture and didn't like any of the in-stock white stuff at our "local" (60 miles away) BRU. It takes 14-16 weeks to special order stuff ( not to mention $95 to deliver two pieces that far) and I am already 24 weeks and high risk and there's a good chance I won't make it to 40 weeks! So we are really getting crunched for time and hope that Sear's speedy delivery might solve our problem.

Nancy
    EDD 5/16/03 (It's a Girl!)

tlfeehan Guest

Default RE: Sears Cottage Collection by Simmons

I have the Cottage collection by Simmons, it is now almost two years old. I still love the look and it is the same as in the older PBK catalogs (they have since changed). The hardware is exposed white plastic for the crib slides with exposed metal hardware that holds the mattress in place (though you don't see much of it with the linens on the crib). The glides on the drawers are side metal glides and they slide smoothly, not sure what BRU has. I am currently trying to find the crib conversion kit to turn it into a daybed right now. The only thing I am not happy with is the finish on the dresser (I guess on the crib too). It is a flat white paint and does not clean up that easily. It scratches from items on top of the dresser such as picture frames, etc and seems to stain also. But other than that I am happy with it. I had originally wanted the PBK crib but did some research and found the same thing so much cheaper at Sears. Good luck!

msamazin Guest

Default RE: Sears Cottage Collection by Simmons

I have purchased the exact crib from the Sears Cottage Collection directly from Simmons as a factory overstock. I went to their website at www.simmonsjp.com and found a picture of the crib, which looked pretty darn close, if not identical, to the one on the Sears website. It may be slightly different, but not by much. (And I just looked on the PBK site, and boy, it sure looks like the Catalina crib too!) I ended up paying less than half the full price from the Sears website. However, I did not pay freight as I live 2 hours from the factory and a friend picked it up for me (saving me $75 in shipping). I was frustrated that I could not see the crib at my local Sears store either, but I took the chance and I'm happy. I would say it's not as sturdy as some much more expensive cribs, which seem to be built to last 10 children, but it suits our purposes and was a very good bargain. The crib has exposed plastic hardware and black plastic casters and the finish, while matte, does not seem "distressed" as the description on the Sears website makes it seem (and I am glad it's not distressed).

I would also caution that Simmons' website does not have secure ordering. I actually called in my order, and the customer service person said they have fulfilled over 500 orders without problems, but I don't want to be the first. My order was ready for pick-up in ONE DAY after I called it in.

Jennifer