Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Grace_underfire Guest

Default Ultimate Crib Sheet and Halo Fleece sacks Yes or No?

Are these good? Did you like yours? I am not sure if this items are worth the $ but I put one of each in my registry.

BTW I am in Texas so I have no clue what to put the baby to sleep on at night. I don't want to use blankets after the swadling phase so I don't worry about accidents so I thought the Sack might be a good alternative but I am really not even sure.

Any opinions will be appreciated it!

Default RE: Ultimate Crib Sheet and Halo Fleece sacks Yes or No?

I say no on the Ultimate Crib Sheet. We bought one and have never used it. I spent time looking for soft crib sheets, why would I want to cover them up with something as scratchy as the UCS.

We also did not use sleep sacks. I prefer blanket sleepers with the feet.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well, I loved my UCS and never saw a need for sleep sacks. :) So what works for one may not work for you!

The UCS softens up considerably upon washing and I don't find it scratchy at all. I have found it invaluable for reducing the number of sheet changes needed. But I am short (5' 1" ) and have a really hard time changing my crib sheets. A taller person may not mind it so much.

I just used regular sleepers (footed and not footed) and they worked fine for us.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just so that you get totally confused, I'll answer differently than everyone else so far. :) I never used my UCS and actually find it easier to change a regular crib sheet than to mess with the snaps. But, I love sleep sacks! They're cozy warm and I think they do make a good alternative to blankets. Footed sleepers are fine too, but for some reason I got hooked on the sleep sacks.

HTH,

KMommie Guest

Here's a vote for UCS. I also hate changing the crib sheet. You might want to try lifting out your crib mattress a few times to see how easy/hard it is. My mattress is heavy and they make it so it's a tight fit to make sure baby doesn't get any limbs or anything caught between the mattress and the crib. I'm also on the shorter side (5'3) so to get the mattress up over the rail is also a pain. However, I do have 3 UCS, and I don't know if it's the way I washed them or what, but one of them just doesn't fit as well as the other two. So, that one's used for DD's "diaper off" time. My mother insists that no diaper on for 15 minutes or so daily is the best way to stay diaper rash free. So that goes down on the floor with DD, underneath the window for some sunshine and "airing" out. :)

Sleep Sacks... I loved them when it was cold. Without the Sleep Sack DD would kick off the blanket and then wake herself up because she would be cold. But, it didn't last too long, when it started to warm up, I just put DD in a footed sleeper (first the terry cloth ones when it was still a bit chilly and then the cotton ones when it started to warm up) but now it's so hot DD just sleeps in a onesie.

Jeannie
    mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

caroliner Guest

100% ditto to your UCS response, and BTW, my sister's name is Kiki! How did you come up with it? We don't know many Kikis.... anyway back to the topic. I love the UCS b/c I have a hard time changing the sheet since it is so difficult to get the mattress up and out. Since we really don't need them now at 13 months, I took it off for a week, but once I had to change that sheet, struggling all the way, I put it back on.

As for sleep sacks, we loved them until she was about 6 months. No particular reason but I liked her to have that extra layer, and I'm not in a cold climate.

KMommie Guest

I'm glad you like it, most of my family doesn't! I think it's very cute! While pregnant with DD, I had some bed rest time, and watched a lot of the movie channels... must say DIRECTV saved my sanity. :) Anyway, I got hooked on America's Sweethearts, and one of the character's names was Kiki, and I just loved the sound of it. DH didn't want DD's name to be so unusual, though. He was afraid she might get made fun of at school later on. So, Kiki is her family nickname--- short for Kelly Keana.

Jeannie
    mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

spu Guest

we loved our sleep sacks! Sometimes they'd sleep just in a t and diaper in the sack. I liked that it had arms, unlike the halo sacks, but in Texas, you may not need the fleecy sleep sacks if it's not too cold at night. The halo sacks might be better for you since they have no arms.

We stopped swaddling after about a month or so when they could unswaddle themselves, and didn't give blankets until, oh, maybe 6 or 7 mos? The sacks were great for keeping them covered at night. Plus they look so cute! They make sleeping sacks that have an elastic at the bottom - kind of like a dress - and they come in lighter cottons which might be nice for you. They look like Whooville outfits!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
    charlotte & else

KMommie Guest

The lightweight cotton ones sound great! Who makes them and where can you find them? Whooville outfits.... sounds really cute!

suz is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I loved the UCS. I have 3 just so I am never w/o one. I usually change Vicky on the crib and she's had a few "explosive" accidents. What I love about these sheets is that you don't need to lift the mattress to change them (especially since I have the heavy coil mattress). I just unsnap and off it comes. They do get softer with each wash.

I could've done without the Halo Fleece Sleep sacks (Maybe because it hasn't been cold enough to warrant using them).

Susan
    mom to Vicky (4.11.03)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast