Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    jastinker Guest

Default Kolcraft foam mattres at target vs Colgate recommended in book

I thought I was all set to buy a foam mattress. From the postings it seemed like many people preferred the Kocraft extra firm foam mattress for $30.00 at Target. Our local Target does not carry this item so I went to order on line. When the picture came up, I became concerned. The mattress just looked so cheap. The vinyl ABC's or 123's seemed pretty tacky. I don't want to be a snob, I love Target! I do want a quality mattress that will last and be SAFE for DD arriving in April.

Any of you out there who have this mattress can you tell me about it? Does anyone have the Colgate and what is your opinion on it? Please help. I looked to see if there was an old thread on this, I thought there was, but I couldn't find it. Thank you for your help. Which one is the best bet?

newmommy0403 Guest

Default RE: Kolcraft foam mattres at target vs Colgate recommended in book

I know what you mean about the Kolcraft. I was a little surprised when I saw it. I wish it didn't have the ABC's on it, b/c they still show through a little under my crib sheet. However, the mattress is very firm, is light as a feather, and fits my crib perfectly. I can't compare it to the Colgate, but there are some threads that talk about it, and a few people actually had both mattresses. Try a search just on the word Kolcraft and the old threads should pull up.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I ditto everything that the above poster wrote about. Except since I put a fitted mattress pad in btwn the mattress and my crib sheet, I cannot see the letters/numbers at all, so it doesn't really bug me.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

andie16 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I like our foam mattress from Target and agree too about the ABCs-with the mattress pad and then a sheet I can't see them so it doesn't bug me too much either.
    Andrea
    dd 19
    ds 16
    dd 13

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the colgate and it is a great mattress. Very firm, and fits snugly in crib and toddler bed. Just plain white.
    Michele

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My daughter sleeps on a Colgate and seems to like it! It is firm, but not overly firm (and we use a mattress pad). I ordered the mattress on-line and got free shipping (and didn't pay tax). I would recommend it.

sdbc Guest

I just saw what I *think* is the same Kolcraft mattress in Walmart, but it has a white on white print instead of the ABCs. Much nicer looking and wouldn't show through!!! Like I said, I THINK it's the same mattress, but I'm not sure. It was a Kolcraftfoam mattress and had the word "fim" in the name, but my brain isn't storing the details so well, lately...

HTH

Default RE: Kolcraft foam mattress also at Burlington

I have what I think is the same mattress bought at Burlington Coat Factory in spring 2002. It is all white, no pattern, and I highly recommend it. The label says Kolcraft Deluxe Heavy (or possibly High) Density All Foam, priced at around $30.

-- Karen
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

babystruck Guest

Default RE: Kolcraft foam mattress also at Burlington

Hi

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth since I ofund this thread so helpful.

I just bought the $30 extra firm foam mattress at Target. We put it on the floor to test it out which I'm sure gave people a laugh. We had just come from TRU where they have a "look alike" but it is an intercoil not all foam mattress by the same vendor.

I put a mattress pad on the crib, as I assume most people would to prevent damage due to "accidents" and then a standard crib sheet and I can't see the pattern on the mattress at all. It fit my Sorelle crib perfectly.

Babystruck

colgate Guest

Hi, Everyone. We feel compelled to respond to this message post.

Colgate buys all of its' competitors crib mattresses and opens them up to determine what is inside and to help ensure that we continue to offer baby's and parents the best quality at the best price: highest quality at lowest price = best value.

We presently have the foam mattress sold at Target in our offices and we have finished inspecting it.

As policy, we never "put-down" the competition.

Our very 'tactful' response to people wanting to know how the Target foam mattress compares to the Classica I foam mattress is:

As intelligent, logical adults, do you really think a $30.00 foam mattress sold by a discount store that sells soup-to-nuts is going to be as good as or, as high a quality as a $99.00 foam mattress sold at a specialty juvenile store that specializes in selling better quality baby products?

We are very proud of our Classica I foam mattress and, of the quality and value of all of our foam and innerspring mattresses.

Thank you for making Colgate the brand of 1st choice among new parents and, thank you for letting us offer this response.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast