sloan Guest

Default Legacy cribs by child craft.

The impression I got from the book was that they were basically the same crib but Legacy is simply more expensive. Wondering what opinions you all have. I want quality and believe (usually) you get what you pay for. The whole crib selection thing is very overwhelming. I like the shaker look and prefer the white. That much I know.

Default RE: Legacy cribs by child craft.

We bought a Legacy crib. We simply could not find a Childcraft crib in a similar design to the one we bought. The Legacy crib was within our price range and the styling was just absolutely perfect. It arrived on Monday and I could not be happier with it - it's super sturdy and just plain gorgeous! My philosophy is, if you find a crib you love and the company is known for making good quality items, AND it's within your budget, then go for it.

klc92201 Guest

We too have a legacy crib and combo unit, which we love. We went with legacy for the same reason as the above poster, it was within our price range and child craft didn't have a crib design we liked. Now with that said the difference between the child craft crib and the legacy one is easy. My legacy crib came with hidden hardware and a drawer. Both were not the decieding factor on our purchase but it was a plus.

Heather

kristentherese Guest

I ordered a Child Craft Legacy crib from Room and Board (it's called the Lullaby) in January. I was super happy to find such a beautiful crib, from what seemed to me to be a reputable store here in Chicago, for a decent price ($399). They said they'd deliver it in late February. It then got pushed back a couple of weeks. Now they're saying mid-April. I'm due in mid-April!

My question is if anyone else is having problems receiving their crib from Child Craft or from Room and Board. I didn't get my crib from Baby's r Us because the only ones I liked weren't in stock and they seemed so flaky about giving us a solid delivery date. Does anyone have any advice for finding a crib within 5 weeks?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kristen

hchambliss Guest

Legacy had a huge flood last spring. It took us ~6 months to get our crib. I would think that they would be back on schedule by now. I don't think there is such a thing as a solid delivery date for baby furniture!! We loved the look of Legacy, so we stuck with our choice. Our baby slept in a cradle in our room for the first couple of months anyway. Also, many baby stores will give you a loaner if the crib isn't there in time. Good luck!!

It might be the store. Legacy actually got us our crib 2 weeks earlier than orginally predicted.

sarahfischer5 Guest

Kristen - I was in the exact same situation as you. Due April 18, ordered crib back in January from Room & Board with a delivery date that kept getting pushed back. But, the crib was just delivered to us in Houston today.

Have you cancelled your order? If not, the crib might be on it's way to you soon. I would call them to find out.

lisbeth916 Guest

I have a Legacy crib.
    I was willing to buy a Childcraft crib, however I could not find anywhere near here that sold them. The Legacy crib I ended up with was only $311. It has the hidden hardware on the drop rail and a drawer. Most ChildCraft cribs do not have the hidden hardware. The I think it ended up taking about 3 and a half months for shipping. I am quite happy with it. People who had heard me saying that the shipping date kept getting moved back and who now have seen the crib do tell me that it is quite beautiful. We got the pecan finish and it looks a lot like a warm cherry finish, not a honey look like I was afraid it would look. HTH ~Beth