pogamoggan Guest

Default Anyone heard of a Sorelle Silver Crib?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had heard or bought a Sorelle Silver crib? We recently ordered a Sorelle Sandra crib. However, today when we went to pick it up we were told we got the last one (in white). They also had a sign up saying that the Sandra's were all on clearance. Well, this is where it gets weird.

Upon arriving home I opened the box and my wife realized this crib was NOT the Sandra. So I went and pulled out the catalog and she was right. It looked different to me at first but I hadn't noticed it. So I got suspicious because the store we got it from (Berg's Baby) had previously kept asking us if we wanted the Silver crib (which they said was a new model) in white instead of ordering the Sandra. They even called to ask us again the next day after I had placed the order which I thought was really strange.

Anyhow, I went to look at the box and there was a white label that read Sandra covering part of the box where the name was. Well, upon pulling back the label the part of the name that said Silver had been cut out on the box.

The crib itself also says Silver, manufactured April 2002. So my question is, does anyone know what wood this crib was made out of? And if this is a model that's still in production? I can't find it anywhere on google or the sorelle website.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

staci wein Guest

Default RE: Anyone heard of a Sorelle Silver Crib?

Hi Carl I have a sorelle silver crib in natural made in italy.I think the wood is beech .I purchased it for $299.00 and love the crib .hope i helped you .
    Staci

pogamoggan Guest

Default RE: Anyone heard of a Sorelle Silver Crib?

Oh, do you mind me asking when you bought it?

Update, I called Sorelle today and was told different stories from different CSR's. The first one said, oh ya that crib is better than the Sandra you should keep it. When asked about replacement parts she said we may have some.

The second CSR said, it's been out of production for 1.5 years. We don't have any replacement parts anymore. You should take it back to the store if you have damage.

Well, guess what when we opened it, one of the head/foot boards was damaged. So I'm definitely not keeping it.

The funny thing was I asked and they both said that it was possible that it was shipped that way with a "Sandra" label slapped on top of the "Silver" name.

I guess I'm not sure who I'm more upset with the store which gave me a hard sell previously to take the Silver which they claimed was a brand new model (wrong). Or Sorelle which would allow this replacement/substitution to take place.

All I know is I'm not going to be stuck with a damage crib built in 2002 that has no replacement parts.

Carl