Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    amytriley Guest

Default Munire Baby Furniture

My husband and I are interested in buying a crib made by Munire (product style is Majestic) and I am trying to find more information on this manufacturer. It is a beautiful wood crib and dresser but has anyone had any experience with this manufacturer? There is no review in the Baby Bargains book and the only online reference is the Munire website. Any input would help!

MeghanP Guest

Default RE: Munire Baby Furniture

Hi! I also loved this crib style and have ordered it from USA Baby. I also ordered the combo dresser without the hutch which can be used as a changing table. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for them to arrive so I am not much help as of yet. We did notice in the store that the Majestic crib compared to a Bonavita crib (the Sheffield maybe?) style-wise, though the Majestic appeared to have a better finish and construction if you look under the bumper the store usually dresses it with. The estimated delivery time is 8-10 weeks from the time we placed the order. I believe it comes in both a pecan and walnut finish. Sorry I don't have any more info yet!

Meghan

newmommie Guest

Hi! I logged onto this website today for the same reason. My husband and I are expecting our first child. We have been looking at the Munire brand of cribs also. I like the Charleston collection. I have not seen the Majestic. I was hoping someone could provide some feedback on the quality and safety of these cribs. The cribs seem to be fairly priced but the case pieces seem rather high. Is that just my experience or do you see this too? I am also interested in price shopping these cribs/furniture.

I wish I could give you some additional information, but all I can offer you is the company website: www.munirefurniture.com. Also try: [email protected].

Can anyone help us???

saralaynn Guest

I purchased the Munire Majestic crib from a local baby store. It was everything I was looking for until I got it out of the box. The craftsmanship was HORRIBLE, which was extremely disappointing considering I paid $200 to have a $500 crib delivered, only to get it unpacked and not be able to set it up. the store i bought it from has a no return policy once the item is opened, so i have been dealing with the manufacturer who needless to say is very slow (8 weeks and counting for replacement parts). Both the head and foot board were damaged to the point where it could not be set up (missing the metal inserts that the bolts screw into). the foot board (front of the crib) had two holes drilled into the wrong side, were puddied instead of being filled with wood and stained, so it is an obvious screw up. There are small flaws with the side pieces but something i am willing to live with.

Apparently my delay in receiving the replacements parts is due to the fact that the truck from Mexico had not delivered the shipment. When i purchased the crib i was told it was made in the USA, but during this process have found out that that is not true. Another disappointment since we were looking for a crib made in the USA, not in another country.

I was told by the manufacturer that this is the first time they have ever heard of a damaged crib going out of their plant. so it seems to be a bit of a miracle that i happened to get one that had major flaws in the two most important pieces. I would recommend inspecting the crib in the store before taking it home or having it delivered, otherwise you could be waiting 2 months+ trying to get new parts.

patricia_smith Guest

Hi:
    Yes We were also thinking the same when we first looked at Munire furniture price, but after we did our research we found that the furniture price for what they offered was better than most of them.
    We bought the charleston crib, the changing table and the Armoire.
    We are very happy with the purchase, Unlike many of the others we looked at, This furniture was all wood construction, there is no flake board, pressed board and the top of changing table was solid wood that I liked very much.
    Overall we thought it was an excellent buy. We also liked the fact that we could buy computer table and the dresser later when our child grows up.

Cynner Guest

We ordered the Marina Munire stationary side crib and the combo dresser. The crib came in, but we're waiting to pick it up to get the dresser at the same time. So I can't give you info about it just yet. However, the new baby bargins book DID have reviews and information about the Munire furniture, rating it as one of the higher cribs and the highest dresser for quality. It has ALL the features that the BB books recommended on a crib.

As for the bad experience you're having, maybe the seller damaged it or took a used model to resell? Not taking returns on something that big is very suspicious to me! Check the Better Business Bueru on them, maybe there's something there on them.

I'll post an update on my crib as soon as we get it set up.

- Dianne
    EDD 3/16/2006

skipperlou Guest

In case you don't know, the Majestic Collection is made in Mexico and the construction is not as good as the rest of the Munire furniture. We also liked the look of the Majestic, but based on its construction went with the Charleston collection. We are very satisfied with the furniture. The two problems we had upon delivery were fixed within a week.

The rest of the collections have the cribs made in Italy and the case pieces made in NJ. You can see the difference if you look at the drawers. The Majestic drawers are stapled and the other collections are dovetailed.

HTH!
    Lara

saralaynn Guest

If the damage was caused by the store i would have hounded them to replace the damaged parts or give me a full refund - as i agree, all stores should have accountability for what they sell and offer refunds or at least in-store credit (i bought this at storkland in pensacola FL for any other shoppers out there). but these were obvious manufacturing errors. The foot board (or front railing of the crib) had been drilled on the wrong side, the side that faces out, puttied in a color that didn't match and not stained to match. yet somehow with this very obvious screw up if made it out of the factory. the other problem was there were several missing threaded inserts which the bolts that hold the crib together screw into. Munire did ship extra inserts to me, so i could set up the crib, but i still needed to have the replacement footboard delivered, (which did take them over 3 months to finally get here).

Also beware of promises that munire tells you they will do as a make good for your time. The munire sales guy, Robert, told me they would send me the conversion rails for having to wait so long for their screw up. in the end he revoked his offer saying they had spent too much in shipping to get the replacement crib to me. I paid $500 for the crib and $200 shipping for a damaged crib that sat in my house for over 3 months. i don't think following through on a make good offer, is asking too much when the replacement crib had to be delievered to my home anyway.

For those of you who go out of your way to buy goods made in the USA despite having to pay a bit more(as we do). i think it is interesting to note that Robert told me it was actually cheaper to ship the wood for the majestic line from the US to mexico, have the crib manufactured down there and then shipped back here to be sold. that was the only way they could keep the retail price of this crib at $500, otherwise if it was actually made in their NJ plant, like all their other lines were a year ago, it would retail for $700. I personally think it would be worth it for them to manufacture all their cribs and case pieces in NJ so they don't have to wait on delivery delays from Mexico, they can support the US workers/economy who are their retail market, and they can have complete quality control over the end product. Robert told me i was the first case he had heard of having such problems with their crib, if you search this site, you will see i am not the only one.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quite honestly, I would steer clear of Munire. I went to look, did some research, and found they have a terrible reputation with better business bureau complaints- do a search for old posts too. You may see some fantastic posts around here raving about the quality with details that only a furniture salesman would know- but you will also note they are typically by first time posters who are never seen again. Vendors who post here as members are frowned upon here!

Also, only the cribs are Italian made- so while the salespeople at Crib and Teen City (who told me it was made by Canalli and then handed me a Munire catalog) like to jam "Italian made" down your throats, the other case pieces are NOT Italian.

If you are truly in love and this is THE furniture for you, I would proceed with caution. Many of their designs are far from original (I've seen Bassett at BRU that looked identical to the Marina collection!) so you can probably find similar pieces by a more reputable brand.

ktgirl1975 Guest

All I have to say is that the Majestic crib/etc. does not come in the color Bisque as indicated in some of their catalogs. I ordered my majestic bisque colored furniture from My Child's Room. Apparently, due to their financial problems, they used my deposit to pay for other debts, not to the manufacturer. I ordered the furniture on 9/23/05 and now (exactly 5 months later and my baby is 6 weeks old) I still do not have the furniture. MCR blamed the manufacturer because they "didn't get the memo" that majestic did not come in bisque. It was absolutely not the manufacture's fault. I canceled my order at MCR ordered at Furniturekidz yesterday. It's being shipped out this Saturday and I'll get it delivered to my home next week. BE VERY CAREFUL... IT SHOULD NOT TAKE 3-4 MONTHS TO GET ANYTHING FROM THIS MANUFACTURER AS MCR STATES.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast