Default Ragazzi, Land of Nod or Pottery Barn twin bed w/trundle?

Well I've decided to get ds a twin bed w/trundle for his first "real" bed. I've seen beds I like by Ragazzi, Land of Nod & PB and was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative feedback on furniture from these brands esp twin beds. I really want to find a navy bed for ds since his room is blues and we will probably use a dresser that has been in dh's family which is a medium wood and I wouldn't want to try to match the wood color on the dresser. I think Ragazzi has the lead right now just due to the fact that our local store will deliver it and set it up however the lead time is longer than I would like but still will work for us. I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on these brands.

Thanks!

vdrake71 Guest

Default JC Penny: Ragazzi, Land of Nod or Pottery Barn twin bed w/trundle?

You might want to also check out JC Penny. I believe that there prices are great on a trundle.

DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Ragazzi, Land of Nod or Pottery Barn twin bed w/trundle?

I have this navy set made by Farmhouse Furniture:
    http://www.rattleroll.com/cart/10Exp...Code=Farm01008
    Though I paid less than the price listed, that's for sure! It took about 6-8 weeks to get in. We've gotten it without the trundle and I have just a mattress on it for now. When he gets to be about 5 or 6, we'll order the trundle and raise the bed. The stars on the knobs add a cute touch and they can be removed and just have as navy as he gets older.
    Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant

Default RE: Ragazzi, Land of Nod or Pottery Barn twin bed w/trundle?

I decided to go with a ragazzi bed. They make beds in navy which is what I was looking for and the local baby furniture store was really helpful when we ordered ds's crib through them. The prices seemed comparable to other beds I looked at but when you add it all up and included a mattress for the bed, mattress for the trundle, delivery etc boy does it get a bit expensive. Though I guess ds will be in the bed for at least 10 years so over time it's really not that much. I was really psyched they made the style that I liked in navy. At first the Salesman thought the model was discontinued. Luckily the other Salesman knew that it was not. We'll have the bed in about 12 weeks. I'm looking forward to decorating ds's big boy room. We were in limbo when ds was born so I never really decorated a nursery for him. We moved when he was 8 months old so his room is somewhat decorated but doesn't have things on the wall, etc. Then we can start on #2's nursery.

Thanks!