Our Baby's Dream Infinity furniture was delivered from Buy Buy Baby right on time - actually even a little early -- on Saturday. They assembled the crib and placed the combo unit. The delivery people did mark up my newly painted walls a little in the installation, which annoyed me, but I let it go. Then, when I inspected the furniture more carefully, I noticed that the front rail of the crib had a mark on it that is either a scratch or was not properly finished - you can see the unfinished wood. The top of the combo unit had the bottom of a screw sticking out of it. Neither of these were major problems, and my husband said he could easily fix both, but I feel like we paid for something new and undamaged, and that is what we should get. I called Buy Buy Baby shortly after delivery on Saturday. They said that they would have to wait until Monday to resolve the issue because they would have to get in touch with the manufacturer during business hours. BBB called me first thing this morning and said they are ordering a replacement top and replacement rail for the crib, and will contact me as soon as they are in to schedule a time for someone to come and repair it (4-6 weeks). I am keeping my fingers crossed, but they were very cooperative, and since the items are usable (my husband lowered the screw so it isn't sticking up out of the top), as long as they keep their word, I am satisifed with the outcome.