Default BREAKING NEWS: Ragazzi to close

Ragazzi, the Quebec-based nursery furniture maker, announced today (May 1) it is closing. We are covering this breaking news on our blog:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybarga...805/index.html

alan & denise
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

az627 Guest

Default RE: BREAKING NEWS: Ragazzi to close

I am in love with a set they have however I'm a little weary to place an order for the Sabrina set since the company is going out of business. Since they are a high end company and their quality is what I am looking for should I be worried? Any suggestions? Don't know what to do and I need to order furniture by next weekend.

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would only order through a reputable dealer that I totally trust -- and there are a lot of bad ones out there. According to the press release, the order will have to be placed, paid by wire transfer, and I would think you'd want to be sure the transfer funded properly, all by the 12th (Friday). Personally, I'd only do it if I could pay the dealer using a credit cards that has coverage, so the card company could help go after the dealer if things weren't done right. Even then, I'd call the dealer for updates pretty regularly, just to check status. And yeah, I'd be a little worried the whole time, until it came in and was all set up and perfect in my home.

Just my thoughts on it.

s1837 Guest

I am currently interested in purchasing Ragazzi furniture. The dealer I am working with has put a call in to make sure all of the pieces I am interested in will be available. I'd hate for only half of my order to be filled. Then I'd be stuck with half a room of furniture and nothing to go with it. There is no guarantee each piece is available. I would call your dealer and have them check. This has taken 5 days and time is ticking! Good luck and I hope it works out for you.;)

stevejones_ss Guest

Hi,
    I would find another set that you like, because you will not be able to add pieces later on, and if you need any parts or touch up paint, you are out of luck. It's too bad they did have some nice stuff...

az627 Guest

I decided against the Ragazzi set due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to add pieces later on and also I just don't feel comfortable ordering from a company that will no longer be around. I ended up going with a set from Natart. Thanks for all the feedback.

meghna88 Guest

hi..i just saw a beautiful sturdy ragazzi crib and dresser and armoire set on clearance at a local baby store....it is a great deal ...almost 50% off but i'm worried if i buy and somethign is wrong with it...the company is closing and we'll be out of luck...any advice?