Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    UofIx3 Guest

Default RE: IKEA Diktad Furniture

I found a picture online that has the entire Diktad line and the changing surface looks to be as high as the top of the crib--approximately 36".

After looking at a lot of overpriced, flimsy, "engineered wood" products, we decided to go with something completely different.

We ordered a sideboard from JC Penney on clearance. The top is just the right width (16") for a changing pad; it's only 30" high; and 4' long, so it'll fit into our nursery along the short wall. It's all hardwood, has three drawers and shelving unit space underneath. It was $199 (was $499).

You can see it here:
    http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=31848&CatTyp=DEP&I temTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0bfea7f&ProdSeq=15&Cat= furniture&Dep=&PCat=&PCatID=30841&RefPage=ProductL ist&Sale=&ProdCount=43&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&Sho pBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=30 841&RefDeptID=2652&Page=99&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|31848

We haven't unpacked it yet, but I'll report back when we try it out.

UofIx3 Guest

Finally got around to unpacking it...long story.

Review of the furniture:

It's all-wood construction, even the bottom of drawers. There's plenty of space with three drawers above and the three open spaces below, including horizontal shelves on the right and left sides and an X in the middle (supposed to hold wine bottles :)

My wife liked it because it'll be the right height for her (5'2") to change diapers, but it's not too low for me to use (6').

Only downside I could see is the drawers are on a central runner and I wonder how they will hold up to use by children as they get older.

The price is now down to $149.99.

SusanMae Guest

My best friend has this set for her 2 week old daughters nursery. She hasn't had any complaints. I plan on using the crib and toy box and then this dresser with a changing pad on top when it's my DH and I's turn. I'm a sideways changer as well.

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...umber=20067829

Susan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2