melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Da vinci crib emily or kalari

Does anyone have a da vinci (emily or kalari are in the runnings now) crib and love or hate them? I am expecting another baby in july (first one will just be 2) and decided on getting a convertible crib instead of moving DD into a bed right away. I liked these online, can't find them in any stores here, but am just afraid because of the lower side it would be easier to try to climb out. has anyone had any problems with babys falling or climbing out of the crib? are you happy with your purchase?
    thanks

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Da vinci crib emoily or kalari

We just got the Davinci Emily crib from Amazon for DC #2 due any day now. So I can't say how low the side is and if it's easy for a baby to climb out since I have no real experience there. However, compared to DS #1 and his Bassettbaby crib, the headboard and footboard sides are definitely lower on the Davinci but seem to be level with many others I checked out at the stores (like Baby Depot and BRU).

I got the Emily crib from Amazon for $190 free shipping...so it was a great deal. I do admit that it is a very nice crib, however, the wood is soft and is easily dinged and scratched. We got it in the Cherry finish. Overall, it's a very nice crib for the price we got it for. It comes with the toddler rail but I doubt I will be purchasing the full size bed rails due to the fact that the wood is soft (compared to the Bassettbaby crib we have) and I wonder how nice it will look as time goes on figuring more scratches and dings will happen. I do think that if you are on the short side, the Emily crib would be a good idea since my mom and aunt both commented on how our Bassettbaby crib sides were so high they had a hard time putting DS to down to sleep without dropping him in or having to get a step stool to help them lower him in.

Hope this helps you make a decision. By the way, I do prefer the Kalani crib over the Emily looks wise...but I guess I went with the better price and got the Emily...still pretty but I think the Kalani is nicer.

Default RE: Da vinci crib emily or kalari

thanks for your reply. I was hoping to use whatever convertible crib we get for a toddler and full size bed when DD 1 gets bigger but it sounds like so far you wouldn't recommend it for that. I'm not concerned about the sides being to tall since I'm tall as is DH but more worried about baby falling out as she becomes a climber. Thanks for the input.

sonjanix Guest

Default Da vinci crib emily

hi there - hope you'd be willing to answer a question about the emily crib for me. I can't figure out if one side (the lower side) has a drop mechanism, knee or foot, or if this is a static crib. The description doesn't mention, and the reviews I have read are not clear.

any info you could share would be helpful.
    Thanks

Default RE: Da vinci crib emily

This is a stationary crib with no drop side. So far I like it better than my crib with the drop side but I haven't really used it yet since baby #2 isn't due for another 6 weeks. I was really happy with this purchase. Hope this helps.

becky

sonjanix Guest

Default RE: Da vinci crib emily

thanks for the quick response and info. Best of luck in 6 weeks....