Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    amym Guest

Default Kid's bathroom ideas

After reading through the archives & all of your great nursery ideas, I am hoping you can give me some help or point me in the right direction. We are moving to a new house (or new to us -- it is actually 40 years old) and the kids will have their own bathroom. They way it is set up is that there is a sink & toliet for each of them with a tub/shower between. I would like to do something girly for my daughter & boyish for my son & hopefully tie it together with the middle section. Right now there is yellow tile in it, which I like, but my DH doesn't, so it might not stay. The side for my son is connected to his room & the side I would do as a girl's exits into the hallway. We are going to paint DS room with a denim blue color. His bedding/theme is PBK Ranch Trucks. Any ideas or places to find fun bathroom shower curtains or ideas?

Thanks,

Amy

amym Guest

Default RE: Kid's bathroom ideas

That is a great idea. Bugs had crossed my mind, but then I kind of forgot about it.

I love that quilt. It is adorable. Thanks for sharing it with me!

Amy
    mom to Samuel, 4
    & Olivia, 1

parkersmama Guest

We have a shared bathroom for our kids. The two boys share a room that is connected by a bath to the nursery. After we found out that this baby is a girl, we decided to re-do the bathroom in a gender-neutral theme (it was just a standard adult bathroom before). We painted the upper half a pale blue and the lower half a darker blue. At the place where the two colors meet I painted waves in the dark blue color (this was easy...I did a sort of stencil made from a wave that I got off our computer clip art). "Riding" the waves are rubber duckies that I stenciled around as a border. I got a rubber duckie bathmat from PBK and a rubber duckie shower curtain from Bed, Bath & Beyond, and we used the PBK letter hooks for each child's initial for a towel hook on the wall. It turned out really cute!

Funny that you ask! I just bought a bunch of yellow rubber duckies bathroom stuff and put it away for later (much later since DS is only 8 months old!)--but I couldn't resist,it was so cute. Walmart and Target both have pretty similar patterns of bathroom accessories in a white background, with blue checks and yellow ducks all over it. It is very gender neutral, and very kiddish. I bought the set from Walmart (complete with matching border)because it was slightly cheaper than Target and the toothbrush holder and soap pump was plastic/resin and seemed less likely to break if dropped. The ones at Target are ceramic (but if you liked their shower curtain adn rugs better, Walmart counter accessories would still match oaky). I am going to buy yellow towels and bath rugs to go with it all later(which should be easy to find about anywhere.)

Sassy makes alot of kids bathroom stuff that is yellow rubber duckies. Look in Target's baby toy section. I bought a water spout cover (so child won't bonk their head on it--ouch!), nonslip bathtub matt, mesh bath toy bag that suction cups onto the shower stall wall, and of course some little rubber duck toys!
    Enjoy!
    Amy
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

jeneli Guest

Since its a bathroom, what about an underwater/ocean theme? You could paint the room a nice greenish-blue color, and the yellow tile could work as the sand/ocean bottom. On your son's side, you could paint or accessorize with "boyish" sea creatures such as sharks, eels, swordfish, octopus, and big sea turtles, and on your daughter's side you could use more "girlish" sea creatures such as mermaids, dolphins, starfish, sea shells, and brightly colored coral. In the middle section you could use more gender neutral creatures like fish, whales, and crustaceans to tie it all together. Good luck!

amym Guest

Great ideas everyone! I love them -- now to figure out which one to do. Anymore, anyone?

Thanks,

Amy

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

They have some really cute kids bathroom themes at Target - I got some adorable frog-themed stuff there that my girls just love. They also have a ducks theme, fish, Sponge Bob Squarepants, some really funny stuff and it's all very affordable. Good luck!
    -Lauren

jeneli Guest

Just to add to my above post... here's a link to some really cute "tropical fish" bathroom items:

[a href="http://www.terrysvillage.com/webapp/commerce/command/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=1981&cgrfnbr=122711&cat_lv l=TOP&shop=&noImages=&sequence=20030410.37484"]Tropical Fish[/a]

If the above link doesn't work, go to www.terrysvillage.com then click on "bathroom & laundry" then "tropical fish" (be sure to check out page 2 of the theme which has a tissue box, wastebasket, drawer pulls, etc).

Another "aquatic" theme that would work with the fish accessories besides the "ocean" theme I first mentioned would be to do a Hawaian Tropics theme. The boy side could have surf boards and palm trees and the girl side could have tropical flowers, sea shells, and pineapples, with the general fishy stuff tying it all together. Not that a girl can't like surfing, but you know what I mean... ;-)

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have a Jack and Jill bath also. The boy's room is painted blue in a baseball theme. The girls room is painted purple in a dress-up theme with hats, shoes, and gloves. I had the entire bathrooms faux finished. The boy's vanity area had polka dots of purple and green on blue walls. The girl's vanity has purple walls with a wavy stripe of green with blue dots. The middle bathtub area has big wavy stripes of green on the blue background with dots of purple. This avoided being too young or getting tired of a theme. Paint is very changable!
    Mama to three girls

amym Guest

That sounds really neat too! All of these are great ideas. Thanks for sharing!!

Amy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast