Default Does anyone know of...

a GOOD pattern for a fitted crib sheet? I tried to make one for DS yesterday, but it just doesn't fit right.... very frustrating. I'm trying to make all of the linens in our nursery, but am not having much luck. OY!

On another note, I posted this in nursery necessities, but I'll ask it here too: Does anyone else have the foot release mechanism on their crib, and if so, are you able to use a crib skirt/dust ruffle with it? I just can't figure mine out. Thanks!

Candy
    Mommy to Matt, 5/22/02
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Default RE: Does anyone know of...

You don't really need a pattern - you can make sheets that fit perfectly by using the mattress as a template. I believe you need a 2-yard length of fabric, and you just lay it over the mattress, centered (I used books as weights to hold the fabric tight), and pin the fabric tightly down the corners. Leave at least two inches (I think I left four) longer than the height of the mattress to account for the elastic and hemming. Just sew the fabric corners, fold the hem and sew that, put in the elastic, and the sheet should fit perfectly. I don't know if I described that too well, but it worked for my sister's bedding set that I made her. HTH!

JMarie
    Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

Default RE: Does anyone know of...

Thank you! I'm very new to this whole sewing business.

Candy
    Mom to Matt, 5/22/02
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014