Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rebwal Guest

Default Bassinet Sheets for large sized bassinets (ones of yesteryears)

I have the original bassinet that my mom used for me when I was born (YEARS ago). Anyway, it's much bigger than the bassinets found today. I'm having problems finding sheets for it because most stores carry ones that are 12x29 and I "think" mine takes sheets that are 15x33. I found some at babyuniverse.com, but they only carry pink and since I'm having a boy, I don't think this would bode well with DH. Any other suggestions as to where I might find the larger sized bassinet sheets.

TIA

Rebekah

sweetbasil Guest

Default RE: Bassinet Sheets for large sized bassinets (ones of yesteryears)

Rebekah,
    We used the bassinet that DH slept in as a baby, and will use it again for DS#2...the only place where I could find a new mattress (the babies who slept in it after DH, and there were like 8 other cousins, etc. who did, all used the original mattress- and it was NASTY!) and bassinet set was at Baby Depot almost three years ago (for DS#1).

HTH!

parkersmama Guest

I don't know how you feel about this but I've known people who used an adult pillow case around the mattress as a sheet. You could get as large as king-sized if you needed it. Just make sure that you use something to secure it on the underside to make sure it's tightly fitted to the mattress.

Check out Gerber knit cradle size sheets. BRU carries them. We used a Graco cosleeper-bassinet that had a mattress larger than all the rest, and no other sheet would fit it. These were great! And very soft. We also put a waterproof pad under it (BRU brand, bassinet size) to make it a little softer, less crinkly sounding, and of course to prevent leaking accidents!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

angusmom Guest

Any idea who the manufacturer of the bassinet is? I know it's old, but maybe it's labeled with a manufacturer name or someone in the family might remember who makes it? Then I would contact the mfgr and see if they have sheets.

There is a bassinet company that has been around for a while called Badger Basket and they have had their Jumbo bassinet for as long as I can remember - maybe it's one of those, or equivalent in size so you could use Badger sheets. You can buy them online in their outlet store in the Parts & Accessories department:
    http://www.badgerbasket.com/outlet/

heidi_timms Guest

Have you thought about getting some sheets made? It might be less expensive than you think! I used a lady to make my crib set and cradle set and these both had sheets with them. I'm sure if you gave a seamstress the dimensions, they could make you sheets whatever color you like!

I used a lady named Nadia that I met on ebay. She had another set similar to what I liked, so I just emailed her one day and asked about a special order! She used to work for a baby bedding company called Pine Creek bedding. Her prices were great and I did everything over email and paid with paypal. She is a stay-at-home Mom that lives in Oregon and totally trustworthy. I live in California and she quoted shipping and everything before she made the sets for me. Here is her email address in case you are interested:

[email protected]

You can also search her by "seller" under the name nadia3*r. She has a few sets listed on ebay right now.

~Heidi

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the same type of bassinette...meaning it is 30 yrs old...mine from when I was a baby. I ordered the moon and stars set from badgerbaskets.com and the sheet fit fine but the skirt/hood was too small. Be careful when you measure. I also honestly don't remember if I ordered the jumbo size or not. Becareful if you order from there becuase it can't be returned.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

vpalmer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My husband's uncle made a cradle for us and I thought I was never going to find sheets and a mattress that fit the 16"x32" cradle. However, I quickly realized after some online research, I quickly discovered that there is no standard size for bassinets and cradles. Every brand appears to have their own dimensions. I found that Baby Catalog of America has a huge selection of mattresses in all different sizes, and we were able to find the size we were looking for. Also, Gerber bassinet sheets measure exactly 16"x32". We found these at Babies R Us and Baby Catalog of America. I would do some research, because I believe you can probably find 15"x33" sheets. I believe I may have actually seen some, try Babycenter.com, they may have them as well. I hope this helps!

Veronica
    Due with Baby #1 6-16-03

angusmom Guest

Donna,

Did you try to call them and see if they would exchange for a different size? I had always heard good things about Badger. I see the badgerbasket.com site says non-returnable, but if they are the manufacturer of the item it would seem they could accommodate an exchange (maybe not a refund if they are selling off closeouts, but an exchange seems reasonable to me).

Hope you get it worked out! That would stink to pay for a bassinet bedding set and all you can use is the sheet!

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No, I never even tried.

My crafty mom helped "fix" it so it could be used, though, so it worked out.

Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast