Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wendy Bellissimo vs Wendy Bee

I know there is a thread on this already, but...

I plan on having more than one child (hopefully 3). I am not much on a baby themed room, and that's why I love WB items. I'm wondering if the Wendy Bee line would see me through 3 children or if I should spend the money on the WB line. From what I've read there is no difference in quality, but I'm curious to get some thoughts on wear and tear for 3 children in a span of about 6 years.

THANK YOU!

rardnek Guest

Default RE: Wendy Bellissimo vs Wendy Bee

> I'm curious to get some thoughts on wear and
    >tear for 3 children in a span of about 6 years.
    >

I just went to the Wendy Bee website (http://www.wendybee.net/) and on the home page it says:

"Each wendy bee design features washable, slipcovered bumpers, 100% cotton fabrics with rich texture and softness and a construction that could far outlast the crib years of one, two or even three babies. "

They seem to think it will hold up. Sorry I don't have any real world experience to offer.

Good luck!

Kendra

JustMare Guest

I went the other day to see the Wendy Bee line in person and LOVED the quality!! The fabrics were so soft and velvet-like. I believe the entire line is priced at $199 per set. Which is such a great value considering the quality compared to other sets found in the chain baby stores.

Just one thing to consider, I found that the colors on the website were not exactly accurate. I really love the "Flutterby" set (if I have a girl) and I thought from the picture it was rose and mint. In person it was peach and green. I was at first turned off by the colors, although loved the quality. Then I went to BuyBuyBaby to see other crib sets and nothing compared to the quality and softness as the Wendy Bee line. Plus, nothing was priced as low as $199 either. I have no desire to spend $350 on a crib set knowing that for $199 you can get better quality.

I just can't stress enough how beautiful her crib sets are. I really loved how the velvet-like material is on the bumper. Just knowing that such soft fabric will be up against baby's skin.

I highly recommend the Wendy Bee line.

I love the "Firehouse Friend" set for a boy! Adorable.

I actually ended up getting Wendy Bellissimo's "Froggy's First Kiss" line from babystyle.com. I loved it so much and this particular set is being discontinued and I just had to have it! I thought it was a great gender neautral set. I spent the money, as I just had to have it. ;) DH is still trying to "get it". I was surprised that they only gave her stuff a B+ in the book, I personally think her stuff is fantastic. I might get some fitted Wendy Bee sheets though! I appreciate your opinions!

Update:

I got this last night and it was terribly disappointing. I'm afraid I'm sending it all back.

There was also a Customer Service issue with babystyle as they didn't ship the bumpers because there weren't any to ship. Their inventory isn't in real time.

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi, mum1day!

I ordered something from babystyle and had to return it and I also had some questions. I e-mailed them the questions and they were very prompt with their replies to me. So, even though I didn't care for the product, I did have a good experience with customer service.

I am so sorry that the set didn't work out for you. Was it the quality of the product? Or was it that there were no bumpers and you wouldn't have a complete set? I would love to know, because when I was pregnant with Andrew, I was interested in some of her stuff, but we really couldn't spend that kind of money on a set, especially since we are planning on this being our last child.

I hope you are able to find something else that you like!

I guess complaining about their customer service wouldn't be appropriate as they were incrediblty accomodating and actually paid for return shipping via UPS. However, with that being said, I did have a huge problem with the fact that they don't have backorder. I was going to have to call back in mid-August to see if the bumpers had arrived and then re-order them. This is poor customer service IMHO. I simply don't have time to keep track of this.

The quality of the WB items failed to meet my initial expectations. For what I paid for the items, I expected much more. That's not to say that all of the WB items are of this quality, but I wasn't impressed with this particular set. I particularly like her gender neutral bedding as I can use it with several children, but this set will not work for us.

I hope this helps.

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow! I can't believe they don't have backorder. I agree - that is too much to try to keep track of! I am so sorry that happened to you.

When you are paying those prices, I agree that you should be totally happy with the quality of the products. Are you still looking at some of her other sets? Or are you going to look at other designers now?

I wish you lots of luck on finding something! Let us know if you do find anything!

Take care!

Hi Toni,

I'm still 'wanting' a set from her, but I'm being realistic realizing that it's just not practical to spend that much money on bedding, especially after I felt it. I wasn't THAT impressed with the thread count of the sheets and the chenille blanket was scratchy and rough. If I'm paying good money for products, I expect a good product and it just wasn't there for me.

I'll keep you posted. ;)

Natasha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast