Thread: Ceiling stars

TLC1994 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Ceiling stars

We were looking through some model homes the other day and in one of the nurseries they had the glow in the dark ceiling stars up on the ceiling. But in addition to the "typical" flat stars, they also had some fancier looking ones that were about an inch thick (so they'd have a 3-D look to them) and about 2-3 inches wide. They looked like they were almost glittery or made to look like crystal.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I'm sure my description isn't too great, but maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks!!

angusmom Guest

Default RE: Ceiling stars

I have never seen anything like it. But I know the gift shops at planetariums usually carry this kind of stuff. Maybe you can find a web site. The big planetarium in our area is The Adler Planetarium. Just an idea. Good luck! Or, call the people who decorated the model home? They might be willing to help when you complement their decor so highly!

I think I know what you are talking about. We got ours at the Discovery Channel store. I can't remember how much we paid, maybe $20? They have some glitter on it so it kind of has that sparkly effect. I just checked their website but they only seem to have the regular stars online. Hopefully, there's a Discovery store in your area! Good luck! They really are cute!

TLC1994 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Well, I got in touch with the interior decorator and was told that the fancy stars were just part of some Christmas garland that they detached and stuck on the ceiling. So they don't glow in the dark at all.

Oh well, at least I don't have to drive myself crazy looking for them anymore!