Judegirl Guest

Default No Martha Stewart here - need quick interior design opinions, please!!

We JUST decided we have to paint the room in which the baby will be sleeping...and tonight's my only night to get to the Home Depot. I have until 8:00 EST to make up my mind...any advice??

The room will not be a nursery, technically, as most of our bedroom furniture will still be in it. All the furniture is natural and white, the carpet is a medium, warmish blue color - almost a peacock blue but not quite that dark - and all accents (crib bedding, rocking chair cover, etc.) are burgundy and greens - sage and emerald. Egads!

I'm thinking about a cream or a warm taupe..something to blend the blue with everything else...it's a tiny, tiny room, so it can't be anything overwhelming.

Any ideas???

Thank you!!
    Jude

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: No Martha Stewart here - need quick interior design opinions, please!!

That's a lot of colors that you are trying to blend. Are they all warm or cool tones? If it is a small room, you don't want to go too dark on the walls. I would almost invest in new carpeting or buy a large rug to blend your crib bedding colors to go with the wall. The wall would be beautiful in a sage green wash.
    HTH.
    Michele