I received a hand-me-down bassinet, and I have thoroughly soaked and washed the bassinet cover. I have tracked down the correct size replacement bassinet pad (the original one has the smell of the original owners, but otherwise looks ok; should I bother replacing it??), but I am confused about the sheets.

Unlike crib mattresses which theoretically vary only an inch or so, there's a great variety of sizes for replacement bassinet pads, so I'm confused about sheets. The pad I have is oval, and I'm assuming the bassinet sheets I've seen for sale are designed for the rectangular pads. Is this a one-size fits all situation, or do I need to seek out oval sheets, and if so, does anyone know where to get them?

The replacement pad I would get is at Baby Depot; BRU doesn't have the correct size. But Baby Depot only stocks one size of Carter's bassinet sheets.

I know it's important to get tight-fitting sheets, and I'm thinking the rectangular ones would have too much fabric at the edges, but maybe it doesn't matter since we'd only use the bassinet for the first few weeks?