Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    sparkeze Guest

Default WAHM Cloth Diaper Reviews

So I'm still on my journey to getting to know what's out there in the world of cloth diapers and I posted reviews on mostly non-WAHM diapers last time. So this is dedicated to WAHMs.

Buckeye Bottoms: I got a PUL cover and a fitted diaper from here (in Elmo print! DS's fave) and they're great. The diaper has a snap in soaker, fleece topped that basically covers the entire diaper area, which I like. The cover is side-snapping, which is also my preferred style, and works great over fitteds.

Manyducks: I have a Onesize AIO and a size Medium AIO. The Onesize has a soaker sewn in, which is nice although it takes a little longer to dry, and is entirely lined with fleece on the inside. I have found that I really like fleece lined diapers! The medium AIO has a snap in trifold soaker. I think I prefer the Onesize AIO just because the soaker is sewn in, making it easier to put on. I find that the trifold soaker takes more time to position it correctly inside the diaper. But I liked both of these and I ordered some fitted onesize diapers a couple days ago which have the soaker sewn in and is also completely lined in fleece.

Happy Heiny's: I haven't actually used this diaper yet but it looks just like a Fuzzi Bunz but with Aplix instead of snaps and cute prints on the outside. It's a couple dollars cheaper than FB, but you also need to get your own inserts. From what I read, this is a great alternative if you like the concept of FB so I'll have to try it out.

Luke's Drawers Cotton Kisses AIO: Reviewed last time. This was my favorite diaper then. I still like it a lot but it's rather bulky. Since I change DS frequently during the day I don't know how neccessary it is to have an ultra-absorbant diaper. I think I'm preferring middle of the road absorbancy vs bulkiness.

Bizzy B Hive Fleece AIO: Reviewed last time. I like this diaper more now than I did when I had only used it a couple times. I like the nice wide fleece topped doubler inside and with the hemp soaker it's trimmer than the Luke's Drawers, but still very absorbant because the fleece cover part never even gets wet.

After CDing for a week DH and I both felt that AIOs were the way to go. However, after more practice with fitteds and covers it's not so bad. I'm not planning to use prefolds but some friends of mine only use prefolds and pins and it works great for them. I think if I would've started with pins when DS was not so mobile I could've kept using them but now is not a good time to learn how to use pins. Also, there are a lot of diapers out there that cost a LOT. But I have bought some pretty expensive diapers, and some that are much cheaper and I don't think there's neccessarily much difference. There are plenty of WAHM diapers that cost about the same as Motherease Sandys, and although I like Sandys if I'm paying the same amount i would rather get WAHM diapers. There are also a lot of onesize diapers out there and though they may be more expensive than a ME Onesize, if you need to add a snap in liner and maybe even another doubler when your baby becomes a toddler and pees more at once, you're already at the price of a lot of WAHM onesize diapers. So those are my thoughts! Also, as a SAHM, I really admire the fact that WAHMs are finding a way to be able to stay home with their children - while still working! I don't know where they find the time! DS is now 8 mo and I still barely find time to shower and eat.

I hope someone found something interesting in this post. If anyone has any questions about what WAHM diapers are cheaper, or where to buy them, etc, let me know!

Mommy to Matthew 4/5/2002

mama2be Guest

Default RE: WAHM Cloth Diaper Reviews

what is wahm vs non wahm...what does that stand for???
    and the FB

Just curious...thanks for taking time out to write reviews, that is so nice when people do that :)

nohomama Guest

WAHM = Work At Home Mom
    FB = Fuzzi Bunz, a brand/system of cloth diapers

nohomama Guest

I just wanted to mention that it's not necessary to use pins or any fastener with prefolds if you are using a velcro or snap closure cover. I've used prefolds since Lola was a week old and have never used any type of fastener.

joodyjr Guest

Just thought I'd add my 2cents.. I love SOS diapers by Christensens Creations (www.sos.ewahm.com) and Darling Diapers www.darlingdiapers.com. I also like Sugar Peas, but they are rather difficult to get ahold of. Gotta give Luke's drawers and Manyducks two thumbs up as well.

Caroline99 Guest

Why does it make a difference if you are a WAHM or a SAHM when it comes to cloth diapers?

Caroline

nohomama Guest

"WAHM diapers" is a distinction used to describe diapers designed and manufactured by women/mothers who run home based businesses.

mama2be Guest

Thank you I was starting to think I am "out there" witht his pregnacy and just didn't get it :)...I mean I knew what WAHM typically meant BUT had no idea what it meant when pertaining to diapers...:)

mama2be Guest

I am trying my hardest to grasp the cloth diaper thing...because after reading reviews etc...I have entertained the idea of cloth diapering. But I go these sites or read these reviews (which are great), and just don't know what these additional items are...and are they needed...

Like what is a soaker...a doubler...and "PUL cover"...

In otherword if I chose to cloth diaper what do I need????? I'm not talking brands you all have done such a great job in mentioning the brands etc...I'm talking about "stuff"...like what does it take to equal a usable diaper...

Does that make sense??? These sites assume I know the lingo and don't cater to someone who has no idea what it involves...

nohomama Guest

Doublers and soakers are two words for the same thing...an insert you put in a cloth diaper - prefold, fitted, or all-in-one - for added absorbtion.

PUL covers are, I assume, a specific brand of cover, like ProWrap or Bummies. I could be wrong on this one, but that's how I interpreted it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast