Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KathyO Guest

Default RE: WAHM Cloth Diaper Reviews

I totally agree re the usefulness of a diaper service in the early weeks. There wasn't one in our area, so we went disposables for the first few weeks, but I wish we'd had the option. I have known some folks to get together and give a month or so of diaper service as a baby present (just so's you can start slinging hints now...!)

Cheers,

KathyO

mama2be Guest

Default MelissaTC,..question re ebay seller

I am on ebay right now and this seller has a lot fo diapers. Whcih ones are you raving about so I know to zero in on these. I think I jut might go the cloth diaper route.

If you click on his/or her's ebay store there are several types fo diapers that they are selling...

*European Pre folds
    *Micros mesh Pre folds
    *Standard Textiles
    *Chinese Prefolds
    *Birdseye Prefolds
    *Classic Flat folds

My DH is not liking this gals...HELP!!!! He keeps reminding me that I have NEVER changed a diaper...

I wonder if covers can be custom made?

Caroline99 Guest

Default RE: MelissaTC,..question re ebay seller

Borrow a kid and change him/her!

mama2be Guest

I have NO desire!!!! :)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That is too complicated for me!!! Personally, for prefolds, I would stick with one of the "name brand" WAHM sites (like naturalbabies.com or naturalebaby.com) and order from them. They are so cheap.

For example, infant premium chinese prefolds can be had from naturalbabies.com for $1.50 each or she has a Newborn Package for $83.70 that includes 36 prefolds and 6 covers (a savings of $10 over ordering a la carte).

You can get something similar from naturalebaby.com. She doesn't have packages, but I am sure she would price match if you asked. The nice thing about naturalebaby is that you can order them pre-washed, saving yourself a lot of time and energy pre-washing them.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Her chinese prefolds, unbleached, are great. I washed them a few times and they are awesome, so much better than the ones I ordered from a reputable website. I personally like the 4x8x4 because Matthew is a heavy wetter.

If you'd like, I would be happy to discuss this with you off the board. Please feel free to e-mail me.

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

mama2be Guest

Melissa,

I know you are in the same ice storm I am in-it appears to have cripled Raleigh. My computer goes down and comes up and is acting funky...I will email you tomorrow or ove the week-end when it is faster. The gal who owns that company sent a very nice email back to me answering some question too...

Thanks again...we'll chat soon.

Yes, I am! We have had trees hitting the house. We no longer own a patio set or a grill as both were demolished by a fallen tree. We are lucky it only ripped off the gutters and not the roof. A lot of our neighbors have extensive damage. And to think we bought this house (we are off of Davis Dr in Cary) because it had a nice, private wooded lot! HA! Next house, NO TREES!! :)

Teresa Smith is wonderful to deal with. I bought 2 dozen infant size diapers and 1 dozen premium regulars. Like I said, I find them better than the 1 1/2 dozen I bought from a reputable WAHM. I think her diapers are super. They need a few washings but work well.

You also might want to consider using the diaper service for those first weeks. No clean-up for you. You will then be set to do it yourself because you will get the hamper for $12.00. That is the same hamper that the other sites are selling for 19.95 and up. You can also get prorap covers cheaper than the internet as well as deo disks. That is what I did. Saved myself shipping and the prices were cheaper, even with NC sales tax! Just a thought for you. I know they have coupons in dr.'s offices.

Looking forward to chatting with you :)

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

mama2be Guest

Oh man...I'm sorry to hear about the fallen trees (I guess it could have been worse-I'm sure you're sick of hearing that). We've had several trees fall in the neighborhood but knock on wood not in our yard. My hubby is out shaking the leland cypress' now to get the ice off, I am terrified that they will snap. I'm just thankful that we have electricity.

I called that diaper service yesterday morning and have not heard back from them yet, I wonder if they deliver to Clayton (we are considered the sticks to Raleigh folks).

Thank you again and we'll chat hopefully tomorrow :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3