etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default What brands of baby towels are good?

I've seen a bunch of towel sets everywhere, but not sure what brand is good. Any suggestions?

Also, it sounds like most people think three sets is enough with a bunch of extra wash cloths. Is that accurate?

Tammy,
    Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: What brands of baby towels are good?

I really like the Carters. I have a plain white that came in a rolled package, a blue puppy one that was hung with a washcloth and a ducky that was hanging. The first two are really soft and absorbant. The ducky is typical towel fabric...so it's just okay, but matches Ds' bathroom. =)

The washcloth that came with the blue puppy towel is my favorite - big & soft, but the cheapies work just as well. We actually had 6 towels, but the others were so cheesy I never used them, just these three. I think I have about 6-8 washcloths b/c I don't like to reuse them more than one day.

Just make sure you buy ones you can take out of the package to feel thickness and check for size, that was my mistake with the 3 I don't use.

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Three sets is plenty. I agree-- just give them a squeeze and make sure they're really soft. I like Carter's, too. We have a duck towel and Abigail loves to look at herself in the mirror when she's wrapped up in it. Too cute! Also, if there's anything more delicious than a warm clean baby in a big towel, I don't know what it is!

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've seen those duck towels and they are adorable, and the great thing is you can usually get them on sale. I recently discovered the Carter's outlet. Wow! There are also some sets on babystyle that look incredible, although they are $36. Maybe I'll spring for one luxury set, just as a treat :) I know for me there's nothing like wrapping up in a really thick wonderful towel.

Tammy,
    Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

The white Carter's towels (rolled-up) and the washcloths (package of 3) are on clearance at BRU (in-store). Towels are $5.40, I think, and washcloths are $4.90. I just picked up a ton - some for me and then some for baby showers I know I have coming up. I love to give 'theme baskets' and will give bath baskets, toy baskets - you get the idea. The towels really are so much thicker than some of the others I've seen. I hope Aidan likes them!

JMarie
    EDD 2/23/03
    Aidan Christopher
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

uh-oh Tammy...there's no going back now! Sign up on their mailing list and you get a card every few weeks for 20% off of any item. That's my favorite store, you can actually find cute boy clothes there for a reasonable price.

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .