Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default RE: Janie and Jack New addiction (It's really addition) to Gymboree Corporation

Joanne,
    You're killing me here. It is all so tempting. Did I mention we are on the verge of buying a house as soon as we find one? The condo is just getting way too crowded now that DS is here. DH is just going to have to kill me because I am may just have to get a couple of new outfits. I totally hear you on the stroller thing. I have a Pliko, a aria and I just bought a Inglesina Planet and DS doesn't even like strollers but I am seriously lusting after a Bertini sport, a bugaboo or the MAC 3. Wah!!! Why is everything so tempting.

Sandy
    mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
    Sandy
    Mommy to Alexander Thor (9)
    & Marisa Mia (6)

jojo2324 Guest

Default RE: Janie and Jack New addiction (It's really addition) to Gymboree Corporation

AARGH! We are on serious austerity right now, but one can still daydream, no? And we are planning on buying a house also, but in the next few years. (Housing prices where I live start in the upper 3s for a shack on a quarter of an acre and a nice view of the dump and climb quickly higher...Another gripe. I think we need to relocate.)

I too am lusting after the Mac3 and Bugaboo, as well as the Quest. And I just CONVINCED DH that the Bertini we got a few weeks ago would absolutely be the final stroller. All I said I would need after this was a jogger and maybe a double if we had another baby soon.

Meanwhile, the M5 is still in my living room not being used (waiting for pieces that were missing) and he just about flipped when I told him I asked my mother for a stroller. But then, it is my birthday and it should be frivolous, right? And it's not even really FOR me, it's for the baby.

Alright, jojo, whatever you need to tell yourself. Oh, and of course all of the spring clothing catalogs are just piling up on the dining room table. And I missed spring/summer (the best!) last year because of my big ol' belly, so you bet I'm gonna go buckwild this year!

That's how it is where we are. We live in Bellevue WA and DH wants to buy a house in the neighborhood he grew up in and where his parents still live. A neighorhood that is absolutely great for kids but the fixer uppers start at over half a million. We are going to have to give up a lot of luxuries we now have because we live in a condo when we move to the house. We're just lucky that my in laws are absolutely amazing and have been so generous with gifts for the baby.
    Sandy
    Mommy to Alexander Thor (9)
    & Marisa Mia (6)

jojo2324 Guest

I'm right there with you. It's not that I want to live past our means, but if we're gonna spend half a million on a house it better be on more than a 1/4 acre with neighbors a stone's throw away! Sometimes I wish I had been born fifty years ago and bought a house then. DH's parents bought their house for $17,000 thirty years ago! Can you imagine? It's worth about $350,000 now, and it's nothing spectacular. My mother, on the other hand, just bought a house last year for four and half and they just had it appraised at double that!

This makes me think of Oprah, and then that makes me think of Neve! LOL :D There was a show a month or so ago with women wanting their huge weddings and houses and cars and their mates just BEGGING them to not even go there.

mamahill Guest

Oooh! My mom is a Gymboree freak and so for Ainsleigh's New Year's present (my mom had to make up a reason to buy it, and quite frankly I'm not arguing) she bought her the onesie with the watering-can watering the button flowers, the navy floral leggings with the ruffley edges, and the yellow jacket trimmed with blue rick-rack (sp?) and daisies. It is GORGEOUS! She looked adorable for her check-up Monday. I think they're having their store-wide 20% off sale right now...

No, I'm eager for the newest baby girl line---it's off white with big cabbage roses. It's so precious!! :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

atlbaby Guest

I am *in love* with the navy&yellow line!! I had a first birthday present of Arielle's to exchange (wrong size) and I couldn't resist getting something from that line. (I'll also do anything to make myself believe Spring is coming tomorrow) I also love the light blue 'paris' pleated jumper! I had a $50 credit and when I used it I got gymbucks which I think can be used starting 1/15 :) I keep telling myself if she'd been a boy I would have more restraint but who knows :) DH says our next one should be a girl bc we have so much clothing...

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

jojo2324 Guest

LOL:P I keep telling myself and everyone around me that if DS had been a girl I would have been kicked out of the house two weeks PP. Well, poo on him. Regardless, I still manage to get an insane amount of clothing for my little guy. But I do really want a little girl some day!

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Gym Bucks are such a good deal except I think I find myself spending even more just to acquire them! I got my girls each an outfit from the daisy line right after Christmas with a credit from a return and the store had a special deal that day where everything was an exta 20% off. I have 3 Gym Bucks coupons right now and already have plans to meet up with my mother the day it starts to do some serious shopping. I thought it was so great that I had another girl to pass all of those beautiful clothes down to except that baby clothes are so adorable that I've only used a handful of the hand-me-down clothes and have passed the rest down to my sister-in-law and a friend. oh, well!
    -Lauren

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just got my order from Janie and Jack today and I am very impressed. I got a couple of newborn sleepers for gifts and some pajamas for ds. They are all so soft; they are softer than his hannah cottons. I had requested the gift option which is free and you get the nicest box it is so pretty I do not have to wrap the gift and inside the items are wrapped in green with white polka dot scalloped edged tissue paper. I am all about presentation when I shop I like my stuff wrapped in tissue and a nice shopping bag so this was right up my alley.

Andrea mom to Andrew 8/14/2002
    Andrea

DS 8/02
    DS 3/06
    and baby girl 5/08

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast